Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"

Article about: I would like to share a few of my tags with you. Some were a matter of convenience, condition and price. Some are Panzer related as that is where my father served. Ralph.

Default Re: A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"

Ok. Here's the most popular late war font ( similar to your's but not the same and much smaller - most of 4th Pz Div tags were staped this way in the end of war).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"
    P
    Many

And another late war typeface:

And some more this time early and mid war type:

What do you say?
    Alex

Some great tags Alex!
    I notice that your late war Kdo tag is stamped in all capital letters, yet all of your other late ones are stamped in capitals and small letters. Is this odd or normal?
    If late war is common to stamp in capital and small letters, then mine would seem proper.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi,
    it's not about capital and small letters but rather the typeface, and the way the tag was stamped.
    In early period tags were stamped in much finer way. Usually they were machine stamped ( not letter by letter but the whole block of text was stamped in one go).
    Later each unit was equipped with a number of prestamped tags which were issued if previous tag was lost. There were also tags made usually in some Werkstatt Kp. issued to eastern volunteers or helpers sent to the unit from recruitment camps or POW camps. These were due to obvious reasons stamped manually with simple stamping tools and much worse quality.
    The important thing is also that variety of fonts available in each unit was very limited so possibility of finding something that looks totally different than most of the tags typical for some very unit is minor.
    It is even smaller when the early war period is considered because in that case all tags were machine stamped and same for all unit members.\
    My conclusion is that basing on my experience with 4 Pz.Div.tags, there is very small chance your tag is ok.
    Regards
    Alex

Thank you for the information Alex!
    Please don't be offended if I do not throw it in the garbage right away.
    I will keep it with the information that you have provided in mind.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Not at all Ralph.
    I just expressed my doubts based on over 20 years of tag collecting. I may however be wrong.
    You have a lot fine tags there ( I would love to have your I.R.11 tag as I collect tags that belonged to German 2nd Army ( and IR11/14 Inf.Div definitely did belonged ).
    If you have more nice tags to share I would love to see some.
    Regards
    Alex

?

Some excellent tags and information Al , thanks for posting them !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Here are a few more of my tags. These are all I have for now.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"   A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"  

A few of my "Erkennungsmarken"  

Great tags Ralph, love the panzer examples and something on my wanted list for the future. What I really want is an example for one of the DAK panzer regiments, maybe one day.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast