Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Freikorps Danemark SS dog tag

Article about: Hello I brought this in the summer. I began to search to find out who was the soldier behind this Tag. I find out and now i'm in contact with his family. I'm going to visit them very soon to

Default Freikorps Danemark SS dog tag

Hello

I brought this in the summer.

I began to search to find out who was the soldier behind this Tag.
    I find out and now i'm in contact with his family. I'm going to visit them very soon to find out more about the fallen/missing man.

It is a nice original tag belonged to an former Freikorps Danmark soldier.
    Attached Images Attached Images Freikorps Danemark SS dog tag 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freikorps Danemark SS dog tag
    P
    Many

Default Re: Freikorps Danemark SS dog tag

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It would be nice to hear more about him (if possible) in the future. I don't expect you to name him, but knowing about his service would be good.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Indeed, it's so rare to be able to find out who wore a disc one might find, it'd be great to hear anything you learn.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

He is a Danish volunteer who fell at Narva on 27th/28th July 1944 in the trenches east of the kinderheim if i guess right ? Probably fighting with 10 Kompanie SS Panzer Gren Regt Danamark !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hello.
    He volunteered to the Freikorps Danmark in July 1942 (I dont know the Date)
    He was a Sturmmann.
    The reason that he volunteered was to explore the world, to see something new.

When he was at home at leave his father had arranged a boat to the Neutral Sweden, but he refused..
    He wants to go back to his compagni.

The tag is found in the area of Narva, but incording to the German missing lists he is missing/dead at Lidakas in Latvia.
    (Dont know if there is a City called Lidakas in Estonia) with severial other Danes.
    He is missing the 23 of September 1944, he was a member of the 11/Rgt 24.

His mother was saying until her death that he was not dead but was in Russian captivity.. At some point it could be right ??
    He is reported missing, but chances are small that he has ended up in Russian captivity.

But i hope to get the story clear. I might contact the russian archiv to see if they have a list over people that was in captivity (But i dont think)

I'm going to visit the family very soon.

Thanks for the update. I think many Mothers thought the same thing about missing Son's, very sad.

Cheers, Ade.

?

So if the tag was found by itself, that suggests he may well have been captured- if he were killed, he'd have been with the disc still, and the MIA case solved. Are you sure the diggers who found it are trustworth enough to report remains when they find them? One must be careful in this regard to be sure for exactly the situation that's come up here. The other possibility that comes to mind immediately if the disc was alone is that he may have been wounded and the tag lost at a dressing or medical station but the records of his fate were lost/destroyed.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

The seller was written to me that there were no bones found with the disc, so i think he lost ther tag.

?

My mistake before on checking my maps the tag will have been found on the positions of 11 / Danmark NE of the Kinderheimhoehe. Close combat took place in these trenches so it is possible that the tag was lost.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hello.

Here a map where it was found.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps Danemark SS dog tag  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast