Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgspioniere - ID disc question.

Article about: Hi, just obtained this disc and have been wondering about the '0' blood grouping stamped onto the rear? Anyone have thoughts on this as they always seem to be on the front of the disc. Thank

Default Gebirgspioniere - ID disc question.

Hi, just obtained this disc and have been wondering about the '0' blood grouping stamped onto the rear?
    Anyone have thoughts on this as they always seem to be on the front of the disc.
    Thanks in advance for any information

Gebirgspioniere - ID disc question.Gebirgspioniere - ID disc question.!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgspioniere - ID disc question.
    P
    Many

?

Hi Mikhale,

I am not convinced that the emarke you show here is authentic. The font on the disc is a big red flag for me.
    Please click the following link and look at my posts from #39 onwards:

Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

Regards, Rik

Hi Rik,

Thanks for that information, I have read through your posts and I can see that similar style font used there.
    Such a pity people go to great lengths just to fake an obscure unit tag!
    Thank you once again for your help with this one........Michael

The blood group being stamped on the reverse in itself is not unusual, nor a red flag. However I agree the font used on this ekm is suspect.

Thank you for your input BlackCat, I find it very interesting about the blood group on the reverse not being rare.
    Another unusual thing about this tag is the stamping of the 'Kp' and the slope of the 'p' being exactly the same on the upper and lower portions of the disc.
    Why would it be the same angle on both?
    It is quite distinctive and I wonder if it has been seen before?
    Gebirgspioniere - ID disc question.Gebirgspioniere - ID disc question.

?

Quote by MIKHALE View Post
    Thank you for your input BlackCat, I find it very interesting about the blood group on the reverse not being rare.
    Another unusual thing about this tag is the stamping of the 'Kp' and the slope of the 'p' being exactly the same on the upper and lower portions of the disc.
    Why would it be the same angle on both?
    It is quite distinctive and I wonder if it has been seen before?
    Gebirgspioniere - ID disc question.Gebirgspioniere - ID disc question.
    This is not uncommon. Erkennungsmarken were mostly stamped by hand so these things happend. Some look very neat and the stamping is done pretty good and in a straight line and on others the stamping is all over the place.

?

I think Dschop ist right!

Thank you all so much for your helpful comments Guys.
    I am of course a little disappointed that the font used on my emarke looks a little suspect, but I will hang onto anyways as it's the only one I have!
    Thank you once again for taking the time out to read and reply to my posts, I have learned quite a few things because of it .........Michael

Quote by MIKHALE View Post
    Thank you all so much for your helpful comments Guys.
    I am of course a little disappointed that the font used on my emarke looks a little suspect, but I will hang onto anyways as it's the only one I have!
    Thank you once again for taking the time out to read and reply to my posts, I have learned quite a few things because of it .........Michael
    There is always the possibility of your item being vindicated if another is found with the same stamp set and firm evidence of its history. Sadly nowadays there are a great many fakes around hence the comments that are based upon what we know at this moment in time.

Thanks for your polite comments and positive approach.