Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Id discs question

Article about: Hi Ade, this may be out of the thread, but I do not think that far off. I found these tags for sale. Are any of them good you think?? I gave up on the SS tags. If this need to be moved, go a

Default German Id discs question

Hi Ade, this may be out of the thread, but I do not think that far off. I found these tags for sale. Are any of them good you think??

I gave up on the SS tags. If this need to be moved, go ahead, but thought while all the experts are talking tags, thought I would show these also.

If the ones with the neck strings are real, what do they say? I would like to have one of those. In fact, If they are all real, what do they say, if you know?

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Id discs question   German Id discs question  

German Id discs question   German Id discs question  

German Id discs question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Id discs question
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Id discs question

Steve,

The first one at the top from a Flak replacement unit is a good one in my eyes, if you want one with the cord and it is priced okay, I would buy it!

Can't make the others out too good, but will try and enlarge the pics.

Cheers,

Grant

?

Hi Steve,

The left one with the neck string is from a Flak replacement unit.

The right hand one i can't make out the detail on it ?

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

The other four , top left I can’t read it, bottom left is a supply unit , top right is a Vetinary Kompanie and bottom right is a Luftwaffe Bridge building unit
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Quote by Australian Guy View Post
    Steve,

The first one at the top from a Flak replacement unit is a good one in my eyes, if you want one with the cord and it is priced okay, I would buy it!

Can't make the others out too good, but will try and enlarge the pics.

Cheers,

Grant

Hi Grant, thank you. The tags are all on auction, so do not know what they will really go for.

Right now the 4 are at $22 for the set of 4, the other 2 w/ strings are $30-40 ea., 4 days left to go.

I like Dogs and most animals, (no cats) so the Vet tag would be nice to have, Maybe have my Schnauzer could sport it around on occasion. Actually, any one if cheap will be nice.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The other four , top left I can’t read it, bottom left is a supply unit , top right is a Vetinary Kompanie and bottom right is a Luftwaffe Bridge building unit
    Hello Paul!! Thanks again. Your quick with all my novice questions about these items out of my area or expertise of gun and grenade collecting. Very helpful, Thank you. I am learning rapidly.

I like all of them if orig. The ones with cords are nice. But I guess I could use a piece of some original trip cord/twine from a pioneer/engineers S-Mine kit box, and put a cord on any one I decide to get for display. Nice to have to orig cord, but.....

I had, and sold the S-mine box, but kept a couple bundles of the trip cord, and some other parts from it. The cord looks about the same, and I have two different types. The hemp, and the cotton variety.

Regards, Steve

?

Hi Steve,

The one with the string on the right i would certainly be wanting a better photo to see what unit it is before spending money on it , the same with the other one that can't be read as it looks to have some score marks on it to line up the stamp as does the Vet tag !!

Like everything else tags which go for big money are Waffen SS , Fallschirmjager or other well known combat units, followed by the sort of tags on offer here. The FLAK is worth no more than $30 in my opinion and the four together not much more,

regards

Paul

1st July 1916

zinc or metal i.d. tags,value greater or lesser? i,m curious to know
    ...flyfriendly

Jan
    ?

Personally im very sceptical about ground dug ID-tags. It´s too hard to analyze the details on those and well, they should be very common so why bother. Have one original Finnish dogtag in my collection and I think I´m satisfied with that one

Rgds Jan

?

In my experience original cords are quite uncommon, and to answer the question about the type of metal making any difference, the answer usually is no- it's the unit and condition, not whether the disc is aluminum or zinc. Stainless steel may be the exception for some since it's fairly uncommon and may be considered worth more if one is simply interested in an example to go with the usual zinc and aluminum.

And it's probably too late for the auction question, but I didn't have any issues with any of those discs, save that none is a particularly 'interesting' unit per se, thus the values shouldn't be terribly high.