Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with Dog Tags

Article about: thanks ralph.

?

Default Help with Dog Tags

Hi.
    Im new to the world of dog tags, Could anyone tell me the history of these two dog tags please & also if they are real?

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Dog Tags   Help with Dog Tags  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Dog Tags
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help with Dog Tags

The left one is Infanterie Panzer Jager Replacement Kompanie 46 , the right one is an early SS VT tag if real , the pp are stamped backwards as qq can you post the reverse ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

the vt tag has 15 stamped on the back.
    its on the bottem part of the disc.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The left one is Infanterie Panzer Jager Replacement Kompanie 46
    You were almost right but number "45" reffers to Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment 45 to which Infanterie-Panzer-Jäger-Ersatz-Kompanie belonged.
    Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment 45 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

?

here is a picture of the reverse of the vt disc,
    thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Dog Tags  

?

The Infanterie-Panzerjäger disc is real, I have no doubt, but the SS-VT one is tough; there's no unit although the use of 'q's as 'p's isn't really odd- it's uncommon, but 'replacement' letters were used on real discs and it seems unlikely a faker would do something like that. Plus the 'e' is from a different set, which is also not odd for a real disc but not usual on a fake. The 'O' would seem to be the blood group, so it's not simply an incomplete, unissued disc suggesting the 15 really is a serial number; so perhaps this is a very late-war, immediate need kind of disc- just given to a guy who was right on his way to the front and they just didn't bother anymore with significant markings or lists? Certainly without any researchable markings, there's not much that can be said about that one.

Oh and although it's probably obvious, the number on the Panzerjäger disc is the solider's roll number, and the 'A' to the left of it is his blood group (the Rh factor, positive or negative, wasn't in use at the time so it was just A, B, AB or O).
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

thanks matt.
    i was thinking about buying them to start my collection.
    is the panzerjager disc heer or ss.
    and is the vt disc worth talking a chance on.
    thanks.

Quote by noble View Post
    thanks matt.
    i was thinking about buying them to start my collection.
    is the panzerjager disc heer or ss.
    and is the vt disc worth talking a chance on.
    thanks.
    The first thing I would say is, it depends on the price. The panzerjager disc is heer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

thanks ralph.
    its 98 usd

If it is authentic, I guess that would not be unreasonable. I try not to spend that much on any disc, that being said, I do not own any SS discs. There are too many fakes out there. I would pay much more to aquire my father's, if it could be found.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast