Default Re: Help with Dog Tags

thanks ralph.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Dog Tags
    P
    Many

?

I wouldn't buy the SS- there's no unit, so it's basically an unknown piece; it could be real, sure, but what's the point if you can't tell what it is? The Panzerjäger is in pretty tough shape- only being a half, I'd say no more than $15 and it might be worth it...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

i wll take your advice matt.
    thanks all for the info.
    happy new year.

?

The SS VT tag is from a very reliable source but if you are interested try and get more info on exactly where it was found ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I think the Pzjager tag in particular is neat. But like said, the SS tag does not offer a specific unit ID, which is always a turn off to me personally. But The price is not bad for both tags, take a look around at other SS Erkennungsmarken and you will see that it might be hard to get a unit-named tag for the same price. It might be worth to try and stick to Heer tags until you become more familiar with them? I know I am not comfortable with buying an SS tag without friendly advice! haha

?

thanks all.

?

hey Noble, I found a really cool SS- Panzer Wiking Tag on the WAF estand for $160! Here is the link: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

hi panzer.
    is it still for sale.
    or have you bought it.

?

I have doubts about that one- I have a photo of a disc from that exact unit which I think is real and it's completely different; it uses a mix of upper- and lower-case letters, not all caps, it uses the full abbreviation 'Gren.' not just 'GR' and the early part of WWI, German tags could be marked with the French 'No.' as an abbreviation for 'Nummer', but I'm not aware of anything other than the proper German 'Nr' in WWII. It's not impossible that it happened extremely rarely- I know of the use of an Ampersand instead of the usual 'u.' for 'und' from a single example- but to use a non-German abbreviation on an SS disc is hard to believe would be allowed. They're about a thousand apart in roll number so it's not impossible the stamp set changed sometime between them, but it's more likley the WAF one is simply a fake.

Here's the one I believe is a real example:

Help with Dog Tags
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hey guys I'm new here. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this tag. My first instinct is that it is fake. Any info would be helpfully. Thank you for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Dog Tags   Help with Dog Tags  

Help with Dog Tags  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast