Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help!! German dog tags

Article about: Hi, I start few days ago searching for dog tags(german) but i don't know a lot...I am interest for two dog tags(links below) and i am not sure if it's original Please can you help me and giv

Christodoulos Shaelis
    ?

Default Help!! German dog tags

Hi,
    I start few days ago searching for dog tags(german) but i don't know a lot...I am interest for two dog tags(links below) and i am not sure if it's original
    Please can you help me and give some tips how to know what dog tag is fake or authentic
    Thanks very much,
    Chris

German Dog Tag Driver Rider WW2 Stalingrad | eBay
    WW2 German Personal Belonging Dog Tag Badge Service SS | eBay

2. # ADS

?

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum

First let me suggest that if you have questions like this in the future, the best way to post them is to save any photos of an item and put them directly into the post rather than just adding a link- all postings remain here on the forum and are often used for research purposes, but since links can expire, a few months from now, without pictures, anyone checking this thread for possible information wouldn't find anything but a nonfunctional link

This time, I'll just post the pictures:

Help!! German dog tags

Help!! German dog tags

The Fahr one is real, but it's just a transport replacement unit (generally horse-drawn), so nothing particularly interesting. There's probably not any easy way to confirm it's from Stalingrad- except I suppose if one did buy it and the postmark showed it did indeed come from Volgograd.

The SS one looks to be fake to me- a simple, capital, sans-serif font is usually a bad sign and this one just doesn't look real at all.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

I'd wager even the SS disc blank is a fake, look at the difference in the size and regularity of the perforation slots.

I see the Stalingrad disc has sold already but I can add that from personal experience with this seller, he is indeed from Volgograd. It went for $14...pretty fair I have to say if a very low level disc is your thing.