Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Identifying WWII SS Relics Dog Tag ID Disc Skull

Article about: Hi, I'm new to warrelics.eu, so if I am posting in the wrong section,etc, my apologies! I'm still trying to figure how everything works, but am excited to join! I recently came across some W

Default Help Identifying WWII SS Relics Dog Tag ID Disc Skull

Hi, I'm new to warrelics.eu, so if I am posting in the wrong section,etc, my apologies! I'm still trying to figure how everything works, but am excited to join! I recently came across some WWII relics, but was unsure of their authenticity. I have attached files of the skull. The seller said it was dug up in the Halbe forest in Germany. The second item is a German ID disc/dog tag that I bought and was also unsure of its authenticity. Any and all opinions as to its authenticity would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identifying WWII SS Relics Dog Tag ID Disc Skull   Help Identifying WWII SS Relics Dog Tag ID Disc Skull  

Help Identifying WWII SS Relics Dog Tag ID Disc Skull   Help Identifying WWII SS Relics Dog Tag ID Disc Skull  

Help Identifying WWII SS Relics Dog Tag ID Disc Skull   Help Identifying WWII SS Relics Dog Tag ID Disc Skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Identifying WWII SS Relics Dog Tag ID Disc Skull
    P
    Many

?

Not 100% sure about the tag but this unit existed, Mühlberg-Kaserne Ellwangen - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

It may be just fine, but I do not like the stamping style I would have to look it over closely.

- - ------- - -

Not 100% sure about the tag but this unit existed, http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Kasernen/Wehrkreis05/Kaserne_EllwangenMuhlberg-R.htm

It may be just fine, but I do not like the stamping style I would have to look it over closely.

Not sure about the tag. I know the guy who found the Pz skull. It's legit.

Thanks for the input! Would you happen to know if the skull is SS? I have been told that it was a Heer Panzer skull. Thanks again for the help

Dog Tag is ok!

?

Thumbs up

Yes, Heer skull, probably for a collar tab - Not SS.
    The SS Erkuningsmarke was not issued - No blood typ.
    Sarge

You sure about that Sarge? I have 9 SS erkennungsmarken and none of them are bloodtyped. All are bodenfund so I doubt the odds that all are also unissued.

?

Not all SS EKM have a Blood group on them , just check our threads !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Do you know if it would be possible to trace the identity of the soldier, if it was issued? Where would I look to do that? Thanks again everybody for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Impossible to trace a German soldier by his dog tag. The information is open to Only the direct family members-and even then, it's a long and complicated process.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast