Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

help with inscriptions

Article about: Hi Luis, gemischte = "Mixed" Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: help with inscriptions

Hi Luis, gemischte = "Mixed"

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with inscriptions
    P
    Many

?

Yup, that's gemischte Schützen-Ersatz-Kompanie 8. of Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 317 (likely). It just means 'mixed rifleman' company- what exactly that means- as opposed to a regular rifle company- I don't know-. There is no other major unit numbered 317 that it could belong to however; it can't be Infanterie-Regiment 317 as the 8. Kompanie of an IR is one of the three MG Kompanies, and numbers were not duplicated (i.e. there couldn't be two 8. Kompanien). Usually so was that of an Ersatz-Bataillon, but presumably not this one.

lmhenriques
    ?

Quote by matt l View Post
    yup, that's gemischte schützen-ersatz-kompanie 8. Of infanterie-ersatz-bataillon 317 (likely). It just means 'mixed rifleman' company- what exactly that means- as opposed to a regular rifle company- i don't know-. There is no other major unit numbered 317 that it could belong to however; it can't be infanterie-regiment 317 as the 8. Kompanie of an ir is one of the three mg kompanies, and numbers were not duplicated (i.e. There couldn't be two 8. Kompanien). Usually so was that of an ersatz-bataillon, but presumably not this one.
    thank you very much, matt. That was the kind of answer i was looking for.

Luis

lmhenriques
    ?

Quote by matt l View Post
    yup, that's gemischte schützen-ersatz-kompanie 8. Of infanterie-ersatz-bataillon 317 (likely). It just means 'mixed rifleman' company- what exactly that means- as opposed to a regular rifle company- i don't know-. There is no other major unit numbered 317 that it could belong to however; it can't be infanterie-regiment 317 as the 8. Kompanie of an ir is one of the three mg kompanies, and numbers were not duplicated (i.e. There couldn't be two 8. Kompanien). Usually so was that of an ersatz-bataillon, but presumably not this one.
    so do you think my dog tag is a fake???

?

Nope, definitely real.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1