Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help on this one

Article about: Hello gents. Was wondering if this disc was familiar to anyone. Thanks in advance Detlef

Default Help on this one

Hello gents. Was wondering if this disc was familiar to anyone.
    Thanks in advance
    Detlef

Help on this oneHelp on this one

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on this one
    P
    Many

?

I have seen other disks like this described as Kriegsmarine U-boat disks, that is my best guess.

Thanks for the reply. Odd that if they are U-Boot discs that there would not be more known about them.

It is a U boat station crew erkennungsmarke. They are sometimes also marked as UO.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 04-09-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Corrected

Thanks Black Cat. Is there a site or anywhere where this information can be obtained. I don't quite understand what you mean by station crew. Would I be correct it assuming that 4622 is the crewman's id. number?

According to Hoidal, The O on the top line stands for either Marinestation Ostsee or the owners blood group. The number is indeed the owners roll number. Sadly unless you are related to the owner there is not a way of tracing the ekm. There are lists of Kriegsmarine members who were lost, but they do not include the ekm details they wore.

Kriegsmarine ekm are 5 cm in width rather than the 7 cm width of Heer, Luftwaffe, Waffen SS ekm. Details of the 1926 Manual cite that the owners name would be stamped on the disc as well as the trade and the year they were inducted into the Reichsmarine or Kriegsmarine.

Later in the war names were no longer used and became more cryptic.

Thank you for the reply and information. Very much appreciated