Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please

Article about: I recently purchased this WWII dogtag. Can anyone tell me if it is real and if so, anything about it? Thank you so very much. It has the number 1250 on it, and the SS is in a double lighteni

?

Default Re: Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please

Quote by demoni View Post
    Thank you so much, they are beautiful...
    yes they are & i wish i owned them !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please
    P
    Many

Extremely desirable and collectable if genuine

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Except the evil that is associated with them is something I wouldn't want in my collection...

my finds ,standard zink and rarest alu version. regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please   Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please  

Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please   Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please  

Here is mine Dirlewanger tag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please  

?

The thread starter is imho very good copy, the font is a bit different, and the runes is allways solid shaped, the Dirlewanger tags in this type of font has allways the same font on numbers too, but you can see obvious difference in 2 and 5. Originals is allways bad quality curvous stamped.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Dimas may have something there- there does appear to be a difference in both the font and the overall marking; in particular the 'R' (note the curvy front leg on all the other examples, but not on the demoni's), the position of the 'G' (high), and the letter spacing (wider). There are at least two different number fonts on the other posters' examples (specifically at least the '1'), so that may be a variable feature, but their text all does look quite similar; demoni's doesn't seem to match either.

Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

to compare better foto 1847 , and photo wich i got yesterday on mail.
    note - original tags are two differnt "2"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please   Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please  

Attached Images Attached Images Help with SS Dirlewanger WWII dogtag, please 

?

Numbers 1 and 5 on the demoni's tag is absolutely different, and if you can find differences in number "1" in other tags, then the 5 is always same. Number 2 on the 2131 tag, seems like may be an period upgrade, or punch was damaged and changed, due it is absolutely other "family" font and size.
    The runes on the thread starter is definitely with wrong angle, and I have seen a couple of years ago same tags discussed somewhere as a fakes.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Just a quick note, demoni....it is almost impossible to find a German soldier's name from his dog tag. The German Government does indeed have records, but unless you have Rock Solid proof that the man who's tag you are checking on is your Direct Blood Relative-such as a grandfather,etc., they will Not divulge any information on it. Frustrating, but true!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast