Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help with tag

Article about: Hi guys, I received this disc as a gift yesterday and I've never owned one so know zip about them. Can anyone help me with any info on it's originality and what the disc is saying? I obvious

?

Default Help with tag

Hi guys, I received this disc as a gift yesterday and I've never owned one so know zip about them. Can anyone help me with any info on it's originality and what the disc is saying? I obviously know the rear is saying blood group A, but what is the front? Flier?
    Any help, as always, most appreciated.
    C
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with tag   Help with tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with tag
    P
    Many

?

The stamping on the erkennungsmarke is for Fliegerhorst Kommandantur Herzogenaurach.
    This unit was part of the Flughafen-Bereichskommando Fürth.
    Here is a link to some info on this unit: Flughafen

In my opinion this is a nice original erkennungsmarke.
    Regards, Rik

?

Thank you very much Dschop for your help and link. Is this thing worth much money? I'm not really into taking a valuable gift from someone who gave me it in good friendship and faith. They like myself knew nothing about it. Any advice appreciated.
    C

?

No problem, happy to help.
    And this is a nice tag, but it is not rare or high priced.
    I would be very happy if someone gave me this as a gift.

Regards, Rik

?

Thanks Rik, your help and advice is appreciated.
    C

Can understand not wanting to talk about such vulgar things as value with an item that was a gift of friendship. But get some ekm collectors fighting over it then it is worth as much as they are willing to pay. It is a good one, and a personal touch the original owner, (now long gone no doubt) has added his blood group to it. One can only hope that this extra piece of attention saw him safely through the war and into peace.

?

Well said Blackcat, I'm sure we all hope these guys made it back home, if it had been worth a bit I would have given it back. My friens's a coin guy and just didn't want it.
    C

Hopefully then ColinD it has found a good home for now with you.

As you can probably surmise Rik and I would be glad of such gifts.

Nice piece!