Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I am clueless with ID discs so can y'all please help me in identifying these two?

Article about: Please help me in id'ing them

?

Default I am clueless with ID discs so can y'all please help me in identifying these two?

Please help me in id'ing themI am clueless with ID discs so can y'all please help me in identifying these two?I am clueless with ID discs so can y'all please help me in identifying these two?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I am clueless with ID discs so can y'all please help me in identifying these two?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: I am clueless with ID discs so can y'all please help me in identifying these two?

Hi Attila,

Welcome to the forum. What you have there is a Reicharbeitsdienst (RAD) disc from Meldamt 229 which was Liegnitz, Abteilung 5, Gruppe 100- and no roll number, meaning it wasn't ever issued. The other one is Luftwaffe-Munitions-Anstalt Kittlitztreben, the Luftwaffe munitions institution in the city of Kittlitztreben.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Default Re: I am clueless with ID discs so can y'all please help me in identifying these two?

thanks, even though the history of them is not as interesting as I hoped, at least they are authentic

?

Matt, do you think that the Luftwaffe soldier who wore the second one, was by chance ever involved in combat?

?

Well it's not even certain it is a military disc- I've read that the corresponding one, Luftwaffe-Munition-Lager Kittlitztreben, was for civilian personnel, and given this one has no 'unit' per se, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same. Military discs always have a proper unit- Kompanie, Regiment/Abteilung, etc. Since this was a fixed location facility, no, even if there were military personnel there, they weren't combat soldiers; unless it were very late and like some Luftwaffe ground personnel, they were organized into ad hoc units.

Also since it lacks a blood group, it's not even certain the LMA disc was issued- so it wasn't necessarily worn by anyone...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...