Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID check.Para Badge?

Article about: Hello, I am buying this named lot to a Para and would like to know which unit he was with. I beleive it can be determined by matching the numbers up from the top of tag.The markings are 2159

Default ID check.Para Badge?

Hello,
    I am buying this named lot to a Para and would like to know which unit he was with. I beleive it can be determined by matching the numbers up from the top of tag.The markings are 215967 and 2132 under that which i think maybe the soldiers number:-)

Please help thankyou
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID check.Para Badge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID check.Para Badge?
    P
    Many

Default Re: ID check.Para Badge?

i was always understood that the tags were to have unit affiliation,blood type and soldiers #...i dont think this is a para id tag,so i dont see how it could be attributable to a para,,,i could be wrong,,???

Thanks,
    Yeah apparently the Luftwaffe tags were coded like this to avoid identity behind enemy lines etc.There are a few members on here that have a list of these numbers they can match up with a unit so heres hopeing.Better be a Para badge or i'm not buying

Tom

?

215697 - this is coded mobilization number of:
    Fallschirmschule II located in Wittstock, so it's for sure parachutist ID tag.

Some information about this school you can find in the following link:
    Fallschirmschule 2
    Last edited by Stacez; 07-26-2010 at 05:40 PM.

thanks for the info,,,great to know that there is something to learn everyday

?

And that's not necessarily the unit he always served with, but likely just the unit he began in when he first became a Fallschirmjäger.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks very much for the comments

So now i will buy the lot and put them with my Para Helmets.Just had to make sure i was on the right track

Tom

?

Have you any better photos of the disc Tom? Unfortunately being simply numbers, these LW coded discs are extremely difficult to authenticate- so do you have other reasons for believing the lot is as advertised? What about the cloth badge- have you confirmed it's real?

Sorry Matt,
    I was sure i replied to your comment again.I never bought the Disc as it could'nt be confirmed but it was from a promonent seller in Germany but he sold the Para Badge that went with this lot so that went down bad.He offered to get it back again (not sure i'd trust it) so i would buy but i pulled out so no deal

Tom

?

So he split the lot? Sad. Such people shouldn't be allowed to have nice things...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast