MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

ID disc Feldjägerkomm.III

Article about: Hi Forum I have another ID disc Feldjägerkomm.III from our danish collection site, I am in doubt if this is a real or fake disc ? Regards John

Default ID disc Feldjägerkomm.III

Hi Forum
    I have another ID disc Feldjägerkomm.III from our danish collection site, I am in doubt if this is a real or fake disc ?
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID disc Feldjägerkomm.III  
    Attached Images Attached Images ID disc Feldjägerkomm.III  ID disc Feldjägerkomm.III 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID disc Feldjägerkomm.III
    P
    Many

?

I like it, the blood type and roll number look to be separate fonts. The Unit was stamped separately from those and the unit existed. I would be OK with it based on what I know.

Curious in that the unit appears to be a single stamp yet the 'M's don't line up?

I am in doubt, I wish to buy the 2 ID discs if they are all right, do you think they are a bit "rotten" ?
    Regards
    John

2 questions:

(1) Do you know who found the discs?
    (2) How much is being asked for them?

If you know the finder to be legitimate and the price is reasonable then I would go for them.

?

Sound advice Glenn

?

The only other thing I can suggest is get better pictures and compare the "B" bloodtype from this disk with the B's on the other disk. If it is the same font they are probably not good. I do not like that fact that they are both aged in a similar way.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Curious in that the unit appears to be a single stamp yet the 'M's don't line up?
    Almost as if the person making it was unsure of how to spell or abbreviate it. Personally I would pass on it. I can't recall the designation being used in TR era.

Hi Glenn
    Thank you for your response, I have been too slow and they are all sold now. Yes I know the sales person, he is not an expert on WWII stuff, he just collects and sell, but most of the times he has "good" things.
    Regards
    John