Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ID-tag from Denmark.

Article about: interesting piece of history.

?

interesting piece of history.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID-tag from Denmark.
    P
    Many

Quote by Matt L View Post
    That's 9. Kompanie, not 9. Bataillon (presumably); Bataillone, as subunits of a Regiment, were indicated with Roman numerals, I., II., etc.; an Arabic number indicates a Kompanie, Batterie, etc.

But oh, the Z is Zögling- that explains why it's not SS-Offiziers-Bewerber-Ausbildungs-Regiment, because it wasn't- it was indeed just Offizier-Bewerber-Ausbuidungs-Regiment and SS men were trained there as well- very interesting!
    Let me try to explain this.

The SS-Zöglinge which was at the german airfields i Denmark, belonged to SS.
    ...and were listed there.

In this case SS lends them to Luftwaffe - mostly to handle artillery/anti-aircraft positions at the airfields.
    And when we talk about artillery/anti aircraft guns - it is not called Kompanie, that is a term used about infantry.
    ...within artillery, a Kompanie is often called Batterie.

Don't know if it's possible to understand, what I wrote!?
    ....English is not my best.

Regards
    Replace

?

Yes, I'm well aware that in an Artillerie-type unit, the primary subunit is a Batterie; but this isn't an Artillerie-type unit, it's an Officer training unit- which is typically divided into Kompanien. Your English is fine- you just didn't mention any of that detail about the airfield, the Flak, etc. previously LOL

So you're suggesting they did double duty and also manned the airfield Flak, or that they weren't really officer candidates at all, but merely there to man the guns? Because having a disc from the school unit, and being specifically denoted as 'pupil' would suggest they were officer candidates proper. If the training unit were specifically training Flak officers, then I can see it being organized into Batterien, but I've never seen such a thing. This unit isn't listed anywhere anyway- have you a reference that explains any of this properly?
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

I'm waiting for more info, from a man who has been researching Luftwaffe in Denmark 1940-45 for 30 years.
    ...some of the latest info is from him.

Regards
    Replace

?

Great! It's very interesting to learn these somewhat obscure details that one would probably never hear of
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

There is a website about the Hungarian soldiers in Denmark, maybe it can help.

De Ungarske Soldater i Danmark

Its in Danish, Hungarian and German.

Hi

I am back with more info on this unit.

It was in fact a training unit specific for FLAK-officers.
    The unit was established in spring/summer 1944 and placed at the big airfield Grove(Karup -Denmark).
    In january 1945 part of the unit was moved to Rom airfield.
    In february 1945 the unit sent 500 men to the Eastern front, where they were manning FLAK - most of them were killed!
    In april 1945 most of the unit were moved to the Kriemhild-stellung in South jutland(Denmark).

...the war ends, and this id-tag lays in the bunker for 64 years - until it's found again

Regards
    Replace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2