Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ID Tag Info

Article about: Have owned this ID tag since 1990/91 it's made of zinc, but have always been a bit confused with regard to the markings (23456), would anyone have an idea on this one at all ? Kind regards P

Default ID Tag Info

Have owned this ID tag since 1990/91 it's made of zinc, but have always been a bit confused with regard to the markings (23456), would anyone have an idea on this one at all ?
    Kind regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID Tag Info   ID Tag Info  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID Tag Info
    P
    Many

Recruit tag from WKXII, these are quite common,the high roll number is not unusual. Tag is fine and original.

Thanyou for your reply Blackcat ! I always wondered the No. 23456, seemed unbelieveable, being in numerical order. So when recruits went through training, these were handed back in then & the recruit was assigned a new tag for his appropiate regiment ?
    Is it possible to tell the branch of service this particular tag would have been used by & approx. date of manafacture ?
    Regards Paul

Branch of service would be Luftwaffe, as it is a Flieger ersatz batl tag. It would have been retained by the owner, not handed in necessarily. When he was posted to a new unit he might have been given a new tag, but this is not a hard fast rule. I should add the unit originally formed in 1942. Although LW the odds are that was fed into a field unit as infantry.

?

Just curious, is it possible to trace a tag owner's name from the roll number regardless of the unit/branch of service served in?

Tony

Quote by ynot View Post
    Just curious, is it possible to trace a tag owner's name from the roll number regardless of the unit/branch of service served in?

Tony
    Only relatives can get the info from Berlin,if the records are there. The website is:
    Http://www.dd-wast.de/

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Only relatives can get the info from Berlin,if the records are there. The website is:
    Http://www.dd-wast.de/
    Thanks very much for the info.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Branch of service would be Luftwaffe, as it is a Flieger ersatz batl tag. It would have been retained by the owner, not handed in necessarily. When he was posted to a new unit he might have been given a new tag, but this is not a hard fast rule. I should add the unit originally formed in 1942. Although LW the odds are that was fed into a field unit as infantry.
    Wow, thanks for this, I've always wondered, see what your saying though, more than a chance that he ended up in the infantry.
    Regards Paul