Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

ID Tag KL Neugengamme

Article about: Welcome Please tell me something about the dog?. It is possible to buy it. Can you say something about its originality?. I ask because there is no way to confirm it. Yours jabol foto :

?

Default ID Tag KL Neugengamme

Welcome
    Please tell me something about the dog?.
    It is possible to buy it.
    Can you say something about its originality?.
    I ask because there is no way to confirm it.
    Yours jabol

foto :

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID Tag KL Neugengamme
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ID Tag KL Neugengamme

Hi jabol,
    SS-Totenkopf-Sturmbann 277
    Konzentrations-lager Neugengamme .

?

That's mainly right save that the position of the '277' is misleading- it's really just the serial number, while the 'unit' is 'SS-Totenkopf-Sturmbann-K.L. Neugengamme'. It's the way the text was done that left an obvious place to put the number but that would make it a touch confusing.

I don't see anything obviously wrong with the disc- the primary text appears to be a single large stamp or perhaps two, one for each line (because the letters are all very close and nice and straight on their lines), which isn't something usually made by fakers; the serial number, by contrast, is done with single stamps- you can see they're not quite lined up and have different spacing between each number. The photo is a bit poor, so it's hard to tell for sure, but the signficant corrosion on the bottom half does appear to be in some of the letters, which is realistic as is flaking at the left. Not having seen one of these before that can be proven real, it's impossible to say for sure this one is, but I don't see anything that would make me doubt it's authenticity.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Welcome

I'm afraid that this might be a copy of the lamina.

So you think that this is a copy !!!

August was a good idea to make sure of it.
    Thanks for the reply.

Yours sincerely jabol
    Last edited by jabol; 03-27-2011 at 08:49 PM.

?

No jabol you misunderstand- I do not think it's a copy; I cannot say it is real, however I do not see anything that makes me think it's a copy. It could be a very good or special copy, but one would have to be familiar with it as such, and I've never seen this type before. Generally, I would recommend not buying any SS disc when one is not 100% certain of its authenticity though. Unless it is quite inexpensive and therefore possibly worth the risk.
    Last edited by Matt L; 03-29-2011 at 03:40 PM.

?

Welcome
    Thanks for the comment, as you write sure whether it is a copy of orginał or come in the future. Inability to compare with the Original and it is already a problem.
    Thanks and best regards

?

Quite correct- unless an SS disc is inexpensive and thus worth taking a chance on, I always recommend people pass on them if their authenticity cannot be clearly demonstrated. If you're not sure it's real, or it's $10, leave it alone