Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Id tag with leather holder - real, or fake ?

Article about: Hello to everyone, I found this piece on Ebay and got it fairly cheap, not many bidders. I have never seen one like this, with the leather strap. Kind of makes sense for hanging inside of a

Default Id tag with leather holder - real, or fake ?

Hello to everyone,

I found this piece on Ebay and got it fairly cheap, not many bidders. I have never seen one like this, with the leather strap. Kind of makes sense for hanging inside of a tunic pocket. but again, I know nothing about this stuff.
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-21-2018 at 03:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Id tag with leather holder - real, or fake ?
    P
    Many

Heeres Zeugamt München, Munich was in Wehrkreis VII. Nice item and original. The owner has made it into a button attached tag. Looks good to me.

Thanks for the inspiring words ! I was hoping it was real. Do you know what the 1903 number is ? Thanks again for your opinion.

?

1903 is the soldiers rollnumber, this number was also written in his Soldbuch.

Regards, Rik

Quote by Dschop View Post
    1903 is the soldiers rollnumber, this number was also written in his Soldbuch.

Regards, Rik
    I'm thinking that the Heeres Zeugamt was more of an administrative role so possibly only issued with a Wehrpass? But it's a nice item, I like it.

?

I Honestly don't know Blackcat, but it could very well be right. Thank you.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I'm thinking that the Heeres Zeugamt was more of an administrative role so possibly only issued with a Wehrpass? But it's a nice item, I like it.
    It didn't work that way:

A Wehrpaß was issued to every male potentially subject to conscription upon his initial draft board examination (even if he was never actually called up). It was kept by the holder while on reserve status and by his unit while on active duty.

A Soldbuch was issued to every serviceman upon taking up active duty, irrespective of the nature of his assignment. As the primary military ID document, it had to be carried at all times while serving in the armed forces.

Thank you, very interesting.