Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Identification of this ID disc

Article about: Hi Chaps. Can anybody tell me who this ID Disc was worn by? Will appreciate any help. Cheers Mark

Why is that?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    After a close look at the rear of mine i'd say fake for sure!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identification of this ID disc
    P
    Many

Quote by Mark Tuson View Post
    Here's the reverse of mine.
    Hard to tell from the photo Mark, but it's similar to mine in the way it is only corroded around the outer edges of the disc, on mine you can see brighter highlights which line up with the stampings which suggests to me it's an old blank disc which has been recently stamped. I can understand why SS discs are faked but why bother with these??

- - Updated - -

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Why is that?
    See post 12 Douglas!...

If you do a googlesearch for Munitionslager Kittlitztreben you'll find that these are plentiful and found all over the place...they've been discussed here before...
    Apparently the "A" is not the blood-group but supposedly stands for Angestellter (Civilian Employee)...
    cheers, Glenn

Thats great info Glenn, cheers for that. Still not sure it's a fake tho.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/erken...-apart-104310/
    Notice how these have got a different font and spacing etc to the discs posted on this thread and mine is the same as posted on this thread!..

?

I seem to recall something about a hoard of these- and if they're civilian worker versions, it makes even more sense as they'd be stocked in quantity and just handed out as necessary; high and close numbers make sense too since it doesn't necessarily seem likely there'd be over a thousand civilian workers at a munitions storage facility. They could have had 2000 made and issued only some hundreds (if that many); the rest would be sequential and dumped that way. A hoard explains the corrosion too- if they were stacked, only the edges would be completely exposed. I just can't see them being bad- the text is one dedicated stamp, and that'd be an expensive investment for a pretty low-value disc.

So the answer to the original question is it wasn't a soldier, and it wasn't anyone really- these are unissued stock for civilian workers.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2