Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

intersting dog tag

Article about: made of mg ammo box

Default intersting dog tag

made of mg ammo box
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture intersting dog tag   intersting dog tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement intersting dog tag
    P
    Many

?

Interesting, I wonder how he carried it without holes, I have seen similar material but the tag was always drilled. Obviously the stamp set was missing the A and the whole thing (blood type unit and numbers) was made at the same time.

?

Very neat- yeah, I've never seen a field-made disc without holes either. This one's about as crude as is possible- I guess the guy just decided he really needed something, anything, and didn't have a drill or a punch. Well it does work- no question what the unit is or which guy on the roll it belonged to. Thanks for showing this
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

"no question what the unit is or which guy on the roll it belonged to"?
    I can't make out what the unit is supposed to be. His blood group is 4, thats the only thing I can make out.

?

Well the unit text is 'Radf Schw AA 126' - the first part is Radfahr-Schwadron- those are typical abbreviations and all the letters are proper (not replacements), and the main unit is AA 126 (using an inverted 'V' for an 'A'). 'AA' could be one of two things: either Artillerie-Abteilung or Aufklärungs-Abteilung. The subunits of an Artillerie-Abteilung were Batterien so that's ruled out, and Aufklärungs-Abteilungen could have bicycle squadrons- so it's quite clear that it is indeed Aufklärungs-Abteilung 126 There's also the fact that Artillerie-Abteilungen were specifically denoted as leichte, schwere or Heeres, and none of those specific types is noted; plus there was no Artillerie-Abetilung 126 of any type. But all that's a little more obscure

And I think you mean his roll number was '4', and his blood group was 'A'.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...