Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

J.G. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 467

Article about: I just bought this dog tag. Its condition makes it a little hard to see the font clearly. Does it appear legit? Is it normal not to have a name on disc?

Default J.G. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 467

I just bought this dog tag. Its condition makes it a little hard to see the font clearly. Does it appear legit? Is it normal not to have a name on disc?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture J.G. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 467   J.G. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 467  

J.G. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 467   J.G. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 467  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement J.G. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 467
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: J.G. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 467

Is it normal not to have a name on disc?
    for example-J.G.Ers.Kp.17 -

?

WWII German identity discs never had soldier's names on them- only units. That disc is fine and the unit is:

Infanterie-Geschütz-Ersatz-und Ausbildungs-Kompanie (Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment) 467

or

Infantry-Gun (howitzer) Replacement and Training Company of Infantry Replacement Regiment 467

This was the soldier's first unit and where he was issued his disc- he carried the same one throughout his service unless it was lost for some reason. He was an infantryman who was cross-trained as an artilleryman essentially, operating the light infantry howitzers (mortars, etc.) of the heavy weapons company (13.) of an Infanterie-Regiment.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    WWII German identity discs never had soldier's names on them- only units. That disc is fine and the unit is:

Infanterie-Geschütz-Ersatz-und Ausbildungs-Kompanie (Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment) 467

or

Infantry-Gun (howitzer) Replacement and Training Company of Infantry Replacement Regiment 467

This was the soldier's first unit and where he was issued his disc- he carried the same one throughout his service unless it was lost for some reason. He was an infantryman who was cross-trained as an artilleryman essentially, operating the light infantry howitzers (mortars, etc.) of the heavy weapons company (13.) of an Infanterie-Regiment.
    Thank you for the information, clarification and the confirmation on its authenticity. The disc was advertised as a Luftwaffe disc:

"Luftwaffe ID disc (Erkennungsmarke), original WW2
    This auction is for a WW2 German ID disc (Erkennungsmarke). It has the blood type O, roster number 795 and the unit, in this case, J.G. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 467. This translates to Luftwaffe Training and Replacement Company 467. I dug up several whole and some half ID discs on the American base in Babenhausen, Germany using my metal detector. This was a Luftwaffe base during WW2 and I was told by local citizens that it was a large POW holding area in the spring of 1945."

Joe

?

Hi Joe,

No problem and yeah, the mistake makes sense- JG is most commonly seen as the abbreviation for Jagdgeschwader, and few realize that a capital 'J' was often used as an 'I' because originally they were extremely similar in form; and it being from a POW camp explains why an army disc was found at a Luftwaffe base...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...