Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

KRIPO disc, original or fake?

Article about: Hello, I found this KRIPO disc, and I am wondering if it's good or not? the patina looks good in my eyes, but the letters are uneven and that concerns me. Sincerely, Kim

Default KRIPO disc, original or fake?

Hello,
    I found this KRIPO disc, and I am wondering if it's good or not? the patina looks good in my eyes, but the letters are uneven and that concerns me.

Sincerely,
    Kim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KRIPO disc, original or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: KRIPO disc, original or fake?

Please see here:

Warrant Discs of the Gestapo & Kripo

Cheers, Ade.

?

Excellent link from Adrian. Take a look at it because Don Bible is an expert with these items. Personally, I believe that the item shown above is a reproduction. If you compare it to the example of an original shown on Don Bible's site, you will see a slight difference with the swastika, the original swastika is slightly thinner. Also, the beak appears slightly different as do the holes for looping the chain through. I have seen a few copies and they always seem to put the hole in the wrong place, i.e. it is slightly too high. The genuine piece on the site above shows how the original pieces have a very centralised hole, perfectly placed on the middle of the edge of the oval disk. The original examples are very rare and indeed, very valuable.

Regards,

Carl

Hello,
    Thank you both for your input on this matter :-) I decided to get it, since I have a full refund guarentee from the guy. Then I can examine it more closely.

Many reetings,
    kim

Please post some better photos when you receive it so we can all learn from your findings.

?

The letters aren't straight. Look at the 'M' and the 'I' that follows it- it's clear even from the small image that really none of the letters are straight whereas the real ones Don shows are nicely lined up. The real ones are made with dies, so they should always be identical- so the one in question would seem to clearly be a fake.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Kim, be careful. As I pointed out two weeks ago, with the assistance of Don Bible's fantastic website (he really is the expert with the warrant discs), as was well recommended by Adrian, I spent time to compare the example shown above and the genuine pieces on Don Bible's website. There are clear differences. I only hope that you can get your money back (if you have already paid that is) because the piece shown is not an original. Don Bible actually offers an authentication service so perhaps you may wish to pay him to check the item but I wouldn't do so if I were you, I believe it would be a waste of time, hope and money.

Regards,

Carl

Hello Carl,
    thanks for your comments :-). I haven't received the stuff yet though. I do have a money-back guarentee if I don't like it. I was told that the disc is a "third type" Kripo disc.
    When i receive it, I will take some pictures and post it here .

Many greetings,
    Kim

oh, I forgot to ask; I have read the fine link that Adrian sent several times. It's good but I was wondering if anyone have actually written a book about those discs?

?

Well given how tiny the subject really is, I would doubt there'd be anywhere near enough for a book- that's why a website is perfect
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast