Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lett flak

Article about: Hello, what opinions do you have on this dog tag ? Can it be original ?

Default Lett flak

Hello, what opinions do you have on this dog tag ? Can it be original ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lett flak   Lett flak  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lett flak
    P
    Many

Flakscheinwerfer Ersatz Abteiling 43 did exist, but I don’t know where the Lettische portion of this Ekm comes from. The blooming on the rear of this one and the font/style make me suspicious. It doesn’t look like other Flakscheinwerfer Ers Abt 43 Ekm I’ve seen before.

?

Hi,

I am a new user of this forum.
    Until now I specialized in iron crosses.
    I've been dealing with dog tags for about a year.
    The above dog tag is my property. My colleague put him up for assessment at my request.
    I bought this dog tag about 2 weeks back from a Weitze-Militaria dealer.
    After receiving the dog tag, I showed it to several collectors, opinions were divergent, and positive and doubtful ... I was shown a 100% original dog tag also LETT of the same unit, but with lower identification number. It had a slightly different font than mine dog tag.
    However, it was found that after number 3000 the punches (punchers) could be replaced ... it was also stated that a trace of the string was visible between the holes in the immortelle ... etc ... there were several other opinions.
    I want a reliable assessment, because I can always give back the dog tag to the seller. Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Jarek

As the unit did not move out of Germany during its existence as far as I know I can only guess that the Lett reference is for a Latvian Hiwi. Other opinions will follow.

Hello Boch..welcome to the forum ..you will receive the best assessment and answers to your questions or concerns regarding this tag.
    There have only been 4 posts including yours...let a discussion ensue first as it has only been 1 day.

More will comment soon. Have patience

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This original dog tag Lett this unit ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lett flak   Lett flak  

?

I am asking for further opinions and discussion. Thank you in advance...

Regards
    Jarek

?

Maybe someone has a dog tag from this ABT 43 (not necessarily Lett.) with a number higher than 3000 ?

Regards
    Jarek