Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

MG disc

Article about: I would like some help with this Mg ID disc. it was excavated in Stalingrad, 've never seen one like this before! What do i guys think!

?

Default MG disc

I would like some help with this Mg ID disc. it was excavated in Stalingrad, 've never seen one like this before! What do i guys think!
    Attached Images Attached Images MG disc  MG disc 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MG disc
    P
    Many

?

I have just been looking for the unit in - the Lexikon der Wehrmacht. And i cant find it..
    so I'm guessing this one is fake.

?

Hi Kemi,

Well there's nothing wrong with the marking- it's Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 385 as it says- the fact that it has 4. MG isn't anything special; the 4. Kompanie of every IEB was the MG Kompanie, it's just not always marked 'MG'. It has other problems though, which make it suspicious. First is the font of the large capital letters- the 'G' especially is very much like common fake forms. And the staining on the back appears to show 3 Trennschlitzen as if this disc were stacked with another- which is sometimes seen on fakes that have been chemically 'aged'. It'll be necessary to compare the fonts to known fakes though to see if there's a match.

Is that the only photo or is there perhaps one that's larger? I doubt I'll be able to show for certain that anything matches exactly, but I have found examples of both letter types that do appear to be very close.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

MG disc

See the 'G' and the 'RS' do look surprisingly close- both are from fake SS discs. It's not common that fakers bother with simple IEB discs, but adding the MG and the long 'Blutgr' abbreviation make it a more interesting disc- and I wouldn't be surprised if claiming it's from Stalingrad increased the price...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by kemi View Post
    I have just been looking for the unit in - the Lexikon der Wehrmacht. And i cant find it..
    so I'm guessing this one is fake.
    Here you go: Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 385 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht