Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mil. Stab des Fuhrers

Article about: I have a pretty extensive ID tag collection. I have been trying to research this tag any suggestions??

?

Default Mil. Stab des Fuhrers

Mil. Stab des Fuhrers

I have a pretty extensive ID tag collection. I have been trying to research this tag any suggestions??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mil. Stab des Fuhrers
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Mil. Stab des Fuhrers

The blood type is in the left corner it is an "A"

?

Do you mean other than it's just the Militärstab des Führers that men like General der Infanterie Horst Großmann was part of at one point? I would think that discs like this one- I've seen a few now- probably belonged to the clerks, etc., as the serving officers would more likely have theirs from their field units.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hi!

Thank you for the reply, I am trying to figure out what the unit would be. The Fuhrers Military Headquaters seems like an odd designation. This tag was with a group of other tags all marked SS-Verfgungtruppe on the back. I am certain it was used during the war and I know this fellow died with other soldiers from the Totenkopf division when they were in northern Russia. Are you saying the designation would be the Fuhrers HQ?

?

Well it definitely is Militärstab des Führers- as I wrote, General der Infanterie Horst Großmann was at one time part of this organization. That the disc has 'SS-Verfügungstruppe' on it could mean the 'nuts and bolts' of it were SS personnel, with various appointed officers from various branches being the guys who stood around tables looking at maps- that'd make sense. Transfers were pretty common during the war so if this disc was found in northern Russia, I'd guess the guy simply went to a combat unit after his first posting in the HQ unit.

?

Matt I am sorry about the previous post, it was a bit confusing. The tag pictured is blank on the back. The place it came from had Totenkopf ID tags with SS-Verfgungtruppe stamped on the back and this one which was blank. Thanks for your information on it.

?

Ah, okay- that makes it harder to explain why it'd be where it was though. I suppose an SS man could be assigned there as easily as anyone else and then sent somewhere else- if it's simply 'military staff', that could certainly mean that every branch had personnel there. Unfortunately, all I ever found about it- a friend of mine asked about one a while back- was the little mention about GdI Großmann, and all that did was confirm that it was a real formation.