Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

mixed tasg

Article about: what can you guys tell me about this little lot?......thanks.....paul

Default mixed tasg

what can you guys tell me about this little lot?......thanks.....paul

mixed tasg

mixed tasg

mixed tasg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement mixed tasg
    P
    Many

You should really post them individually to get the most information.
    John

1. Is for Munition Lager worker
    2. This one I have seen before I think was for staff of Reservists at Hagenow. Quite an unusual one!
    3. Deutsches Volkssturm.

Black cat.... thanks as always, Tag no 2 .. would that have been for a person who had done their time, and was placed on reserve to be called up if needed, or someone who was on reserve and was maybe to old to be called up for front line duties......paul

Quote by timeout View Post
    Black cat.... thanks as always, Tag no 2 .. would that have been for a person who had done their time, and was placed on reserve to be called up if needed, or someone who was on reserve and was maybe to old to be called up for front line duties......paul
    Hi Paul,
    I cannot honestly remember and as such this unit does not exist on the Wehrmacht Lexikon site. Hopefully someone else can enlighten you further. Other than its location, Hagenow im Mecklenburg (which is what the i/M stands for) I cannot help further. I can't see old soldiers requiring to be identified in such a way, but this may be something peculiar to this part of Germany at the time. It's a rare one and original though.

Black cat....what I was getting at is..... I did 9 years in the British army and completed my time, But you end up going on a reserve list for 3 years making a total of 12 years when you could be called for active service......paul.

Quote by timeout View Post
    Black cat....what I was getting at is..... I did 9 years in the British army and completed my time, But you end up going on a reserve list for 3 years making a total of 12 years when you could be called for active service......paul.
    Yes I see what you mean. In the case of the Germany at this time the veterans of WW1 would have usually been inducted into Landschützen units. Again it may be something peculiar to the area.

I don't have sight of all my books so can't give a definitive answer, only more questions: Units that are known and listed on the Lexikon and elsewhere can be located via their Feldpostnummer, a further indication of their existence and where they were located during such times - I have not found a FPN for this "unit" which again makes me wonder whether it was ever a fully functioning unit or perhaps a scratch unit formed at the end of the war?