Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My EM's

Article about: Thanks gnadenlose for showing us your discs. Im at the public library with my small notebook and my small screen wont do your pictures justice. I will look again when my Internetconnection a

Default My EM's

I don't collect them, but if they happen to knock on my door I always let'em in for a nice cup of tea.
    German units, most of them have found in Estonia:

This one came with the cord. I removed it and threw away as repro garbage, but later found out, that this was an original period cord. Guess what I felt like: a) idiot, b) worse than idiot

That morbid piece is from flea market. I wouldn't have took it, cos it looks like dug up from the grave, but as it came with some other stuff as a bonus, it stays here as a reminder of disrespect to the fallen soldiers

This one was found in Kurland

That quarter was found on Sinimäed (so-called Tannenberg-line at Narva front) as it is. What could this "W." in the end of the first line probably mean?

Blank from Kurland

Estonian units, all found in Estonia:
    20. Waff.Gren.Div.SS

Estnische Sichereitsgrupp 184, the unit became later known as East Battalion no. 658, led by Ritterkreuzträger Alfons Rebane

Borderguard regiment no. 4

Upper one (Estnische Legion) is probably fake, but no-one knows exactly, cos according to some people it was found in Debica. Below another Borderguard regiment no. 4

And the original holder, attic find from Estonia

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My EM's   My EM's  

My EM's   My EM's  

My EM's   My EM's  

My EM's   My EM's  

My EM's   My EM's  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My EM's
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My EM's

Oberkommando d Luftwaffe is Lithuanian find, they was found in the bunch by one of Lithuanian digger. But nice to see the part of Westland dog tag and Estn Grenzschtz rgt, which is not easy to find.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Oberkommando d Luftwaffe is Lithuanian find, they was found in the bunch
    Thank you for clearing the case! I knew that they were found in large amount, but got the place wrongly.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    But nice to see the part of Wesland dog tag
    Are you sure about it? I've not seen Westland EM myself, but would appreciate if someone showd me one.

?

I think I've show here the RGT Westland, found in Narva river some time ago, and I've bought it a couple of years back from a guy who found it. But your must be later type, I have seen similar tags before
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Regards,
    Dimas

Half of Kriegsmarine EM. Could anyone tell what unit?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My EM's  

I would'nt worry about the full tag from the market being from a grave.It would only be the top half (with 2 holes) if were left with the body.Some of those other's maybe from a grave or at least a fallen soldier buried in battlefield

Well that's not garve robbery but just a battlefield relic.I love the Kriegsmarine tag.Not sure what the S stands for (possibly for Staff or Stab in German). I would like to buy it if it's available for sale or swap for infantry tag

"N" stands for Nordsee on bayonets and some other equipment.

O is blood group and S, could be security

Jager

?

Quote by Tom Bennett View Post
    I would'nt worry about the full tag from the market being from a grave.It would only be the top half (with 2 holes) if were left with the body.Some of those other's maybe from a grave or at least a fallen soldier buried in battlefield
    Not so- there are something like a million MIAs, all of whom would have unbroken discs- they're the ones that really are a problem if taken because that means the case would never be concluded. But the truth is that uncounted millions of discs were discarded by their owners or confiscated and discarded by capturing forces at the end of the war, so it's actually statistically very unlikely any disc, half or whole ground-dug, that anyone finds will be from a grave. A good friend of mine in Europe has been metal-detecting for a decade and he and his friends have found literally hundreds and hundreds of Erkennungsmarken, whole, halves and even quarters, and not once ever found any human remains. These things are dug up probably in their hundreds daily all over Europe.

And very nice collection you have there gnadenlose- it's a good range of units.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast