Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Father's Erkennungsmarke

Article about: [Sorry -- lost original post; restarting new one] When my Father passed away 5 yrs ago, he left me his Erkennungsmarke. Wondering what you can tell me about his unit. NOTE: It is very discol

?

Default My Father's Erkennungsmarke

[Sorry -- lost original post; restarting new one]

When my Father passed away 5 yrs ago, he left me his Erkennungsmarke.
    Wondering what you can tell me about his unit.

NOTE: It is very discolored. There seems to be a waxy film on it, so I tried washing in vinegar, but it did not help much.
    TEXT
    /143
    5.FELDAUSB.RGT.
    NORDUKRAINE

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My Father's Erkennungsmarke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Father's Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

154. (Feldausbildungs-)Division

Aufstellung:
    01.10.1944 - Umgliederung der 154. Reserve-Division in die 154. (Feldausbildungs-)Division unter Eingliederung des Feldausbildungs-Regiment Nordukraine

Gliederung as of Oktober 1944:
    Grenadier-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 562 mit I. - II. Bataillon aus Regiment Nordukraine
    Grenadier-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 563 mit I. - II. Bataillon aus Res.Gren.Rgt. 56 (Btl. 171, 192)
    Grenadier-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 564 mit I. - II. Bataillon aus Res.Gren.Rgt. 223 (Btl. 465, 440)
    Artillerie-(Feldausbildungs-)Abteilung 1054 mit 1. - 4. Batterie aus Res.Art.Abt. 24
    schweres Bataillon 1054 aus Res.Gren.Btl. 455
    Pionier-(Feldausbildungs-)Bataillon 1054 aus Res.Pi.Btl. 24

00.02.1945 - Vergabe der Feldpostnummern, für die Regimenter 56 und 223 noch unter diesen Nummern, erst ab März dann unter 563 und 564

?

Thank you very much for the reply.
    I gather that his serial number with this unit was 143.
    And that he was with the panzer grenadiers. (oral history)
    Do I understand correctly that he was in the 5th regiment (from North Ukraine) in the 154th Reserve Division?
    Do you have any record where this unit operated at the end of the war?

From his ekm he was in the 5th Kompanie of the Feldausbildungs Regiment Nordukraine, as such this was in turn part of Grenadier Feldausbildungs Regiment 562 circa Oktober 1944. Sorry I don't have any further information on where they fought.

However as a direct living relative you can request a trace of his service records from the Deutsches Dienstelle (WaSt) in Berlin. There would be a small charge for this and it may take some time. All correspondence from them will be in German.

Home | Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt)