Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My Kriegsmarine tag's:)

Article about: Hello guys, I have recently bought my first 2 complete Kriegsmarine tags and will show them here.I actually feel a little silly after recieving them the other day as i got a suppriseI actual

Default My Kriegsmarine tag's:)

Hello guys,
    I have recently bought my first 2 complete Kriegsmarine tags and will show them here.I actually feel a little silly after recieving them the other day as i got a suppriseI actualy had no idea they were so much smaller than the standard tags so please don't laugh too much

Anyway take a look at them and see what you think.The relic one was listed on ebay as ground dug and the ROA is stated as meaning Reserve Officer of Artillary.(Coastal gunner?)
    If anybody knows better i would like to know if thats true.Also what does the T stand for on the other one? I would think it may be for Technician or Teleprinter but could be way off the mark here

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images My Kriegsmarine tag's:)  My Kriegsmarine tag's:) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Kriegsmarine tag's:)
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Kriegsmarine tag's:)

For sure not any KM artillery guy as in this case it would just mean letter E behind his draft year ( like Willi Schmidt N1234/41E)
    The T suffix goes for Flottendienst Laufbahn XIIIa and b - Kompaniefeldwebel Laufbahn

ROA goes for Reserve Offizier Anwarter or Russkaja
    Osvoboditielnaja Armija ( Russian Liberation Army). I have a similar tag and actually is a big clue for many collectors what ROA on KM tags mean as most of eastern vlounteer have rather their name and "Kriegsmarine Ostlegionaer" engraving on them.
    Rgds
    Al

Hi Al,
    Thankyou for your information Thats very interesting that its for a Russian conscript as i would never have thought of that.Never new they would be in the Kriegsmarine as i thought they were all German 100%

Tom

Well don't pin me on this. I just said it's one of the possibilities.
    Rgds
    Al

Also Al,
    What does Laufbahn mean as in what would he have been responsible for on the ship?
    Thankyou again in advance

Tom

Thats fine Al,
    Any help is always appreciated as i am only just starting to collect Kriegsmarine

Tom

Laufbahn means personal corps - or specialization ( drivers, torpedoman, artilleryman etc.)
    Rgds
    Al

Thanks Al,
    I will make a note of that for future referance.As i said i am no expert when it comes to Kriegsmarine tags but i'm learning

Tom