Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need help for ID disc

Article about: Hello can you translate and tell me more about this EM ? thanks for answers cordially Didier

?

Default need help for ID disc

Hello
    can you translate and tell me more about this EM ?
    thanks for answers
    cordially
    Didier

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need help for ID disc
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: need help for ID disc

4. Ers. Kp. Schtz. Ers. Btl. 12 = 4. Ersatz-Kompanie Schützen-Ersatz-Bataillon 12 - 4th replacement company/ 12th rifle replacement battalion
    Maschinen-Gewehr is crossed out.
    Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 12 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

EKM is original one.

?

Hello Stacez
    thanks a lot
    cordially
    Didier

?

That's a nice disc- it's not usual to have the extra bit, 'Ersatz Kompanie' since it's obviously the Kompanien of an Ersatz-Bataillon are themselves for replacements. It's also odd to have the MG crossed-out- presumably that means for some reason SEB12's 4. Kompanie ceased being the usual MG Kompanie and became a regular rifle Kompanie at some point. The roll number is also impressively high- the unit was redesignated Panzergrenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 12 on 19.7.1942, and from that point discs would have had that marking, so we know this one was issued before that date; that means it seems to have trained over 5600 men in only 3 years- that's at least 150 men a month... Perhaps that explains the MG issue- maybe the unit was enlarged to be able to have trained so many soldiers and a higher number Kompanie became the MG Kompanie- or perhaps normally an MG Kompanie was smaller and dispensing with it allowed them do move more men through?

Oh and don't forget to scroll down on the Lexikon page- it's not Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 12 you want to look at but the second listing which is for Schützen-Ersatz-Bataillon; it caught me the first time I looked since I'd forgotten they do stick different units together sometimes.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hello Matt
    thanks for explanations
    cordially
    Didier