Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need help translating

Article about: I can make out a few of these names but I cannot figure this out. Can anyone take a crack at it? It's very odd, the disk is like smooth and has a odd coating on it it seems like..sorry fornp

Default need help translating

I can make out a few of these names but I cannot figure this out. Can anyone take a crack at it? It's very odd, the disk is like smooth and has a odd coating on it it seems like..sorry fornphotos sideways when i post on my.phone it messes it up dug in russia need help translatingneed help translating

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need help translating
    P
    Many

?

It is an odd marking, the top is something about field construction of some kind and the bottom is something like Luftwaffe construction company 6 than a long roman numeral (probably the battalion). Some one else will certainly come up with more.

Thank you for your help, it defiantly is odd and I did notice the luftwaffe but other then that. I'm stumped

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    It is an odd marking, the top is something about field construction of some kind and the bottom is something like Luftwaffe construction company 6 than a long roman numeral (probably the battalion). Some one else will certainly come up with more.
    Think the Roman numerals (XXV/I )? may be a reference to Wehrkreis or perhaps Armee, but it's got me stumped for now as well.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Think the Roman numerals (XXV/I )? may be a reference to Wehrkreis or perhaps Armee, but it's got me stumped for now as well.
    The roman numerals represent the Luftgau, while the 6 represents the batallion. So this one would be XXV luftgau 6 batallion; which is unlikely since as far as i know the highest luftgau number can be 17 (XVII)?

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    ...which is unlikely since as far as i know the highest luftgau number can be 17 (XVII)?
    Unless it was Feldluftgau XXV. But which ever way you look at it it's not making much sense.

?

I do not understand the top line, and in my opinion I believe it to be original but the bottom line is "Luftwaffen-Bau-Bataillon 6./XVII"

Lexikon der Wehrmacht

That is the unit

?

From another source

Luftwaffen-Bau-Bataillon 6./XVII

Formed in 1940 with 3 companies, from Luftwaffen-Bau-Bataillon 14./XII. Served in Norway? Disbanded Winter 42/43

?

One more thing- The top line reads (IMO) "FELDBAU-LEITG. D. LW." That translate to-"Field Construction ????? Der Luftwaffe" I just cannot get "LEITG" I bet HP or someone will know.

Cheers!