MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nordk leg

Article about: I am not familiar with this unit any ideas??

?

Default Nordk leg

I am not familiar with this unit any ideas??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nordk leg   Nordk leg  

Nordk leg   Nordk leg  

Nordk leg   Nordk leg  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nordk leg
    P
    Many

I have just googled it and there is a Russian site discussing this tag.sorry I can't post the link from my phone

Hope it helps

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Never seen anything like this unit designation so it should be treated with suspicion
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Here is said link, if you can translate!

Nick

NORDK.LEG. | REIBERT.info

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Well that'd be the Nordkaukasische Legion:

Nordkaukasische Legion

1. Aufstellung:

* 5.8.1942 in Wesola/Truppenübungsplatz Rembertow (Generalgouvernement).

It's listed as the Ersatz formation for 10 or 12 units like the 6 Nordkaukas. Infanterie-Bataillone. So, presumably, men would start in the Nordkaukas. Leg. for training and then move to the field units...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Woolgar thanks for the link, these guys say it is: North Caucasian Legion.

Sort of confirms what Matt says.

?

More information on the unit:

Nordkaukasische Legion - Axis History

Constant learning

Thats what I love about this place

Nick

?

I am amazed that the more I learn about WW II Germany the more I find out I don't know.

Hello,
    I put together some pictures of some other "Legions" stamps (all the pictures come from the web, sometimes even from this forum, only one Georgian and one Wolga-Tatarian among them are mine EKM): in many cases, they are quite similar, one stamp with the "G" very distinctive shape – but not always (some seems more "field made").
    But it seems often to be the same pattern: one small stamp for (national) "LEG." with this typical "G", with, above or under – big-sized and high (several thousands) roll-number, and sometimes (rarely) blood group. Only for Wolga-Tatarians the units are marked (Kompanies), not for others.

The question marks are where I do not know if the EKM are real… One of two Indian Legions at least is real (#877): I think it was discussed here on this forum by someone who dug it himself and kindly shared. The other one: ? But are these Legions even faked? Is there enough collectors interested in these Legions?
    Salutations

Nordk leg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast