Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Norge Tag(Again) Original ?

Article about: Hello What do you think about this one ?? I dont like it, it does not like on original Norge tag, but just want to be sure. It looks to new in my eyes. And what about the SS Runes ?? why are

Default Norge Tag(Again) Original ?

Hello

What do you think about this one ??

I dont like it, it does not like on original Norge tag, but just want to be sure.
    It looks to new in my eyes. And what about the SS Runes ?? why are they polished away ? Yes one in Germany would maybe polished it away after the war, but i dont think one in Norway would do.

So original or not ??
    Attached Images Attached Images Norge Tag(Again) Original ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Norge Tag(Again) Original ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Norge Tag(Again) Original ?

I'm doubtful too because it's different than the known specimens- granted those have somewhat higher Stammrollennummern, however I'd find it unlikely that the unit began with individual letter stamped discs and quickly switched to ones made with a single dedicated text stamp. It's a Regimental roll, so it wasn't up to individual Kompanien to make their own discs, so I just don't see there being variants like this. The lowest original I know of is just Nr. 211- not very far from 84. I also have an image of Nr. 606, which is identical textually to Nr. 211, so they clearly used the same stamp for a lot of discs. I don't think the Sigrunen are actually gone- I think someone's just altered the image for Internet publication and they're still there on the actual disc. Were they removed, there'd be a good deal of metal actually gone, plus I see the difference in the quality of the area image-wise suggesting it's just had the area smudged or cloned-over.

I also think there may be some 'halo' around some of the letters, which would indicate more recent stamping of an already corroded blank disc- plus areas of corrosion seem to end at letters, and don't continue into the recess, also suggesting it's not original. The picture isn't large enough to be sure, but it appears so.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hello Matt.

Many thanks for your great answer. I have passed on this.
    Too many alarm bells with this.
    Insted on the way is 5 SS tags(Witch is all 100 % Original) Drlewanger, Mauthausen.

?

Good man LOL Taking chances is fine if they're cheap and there's a decent possiblity something is real- in this case I don't see it and I'll bet it wasn't cheap LOL We'll be interested to see your real ones if you care to post them

Yes no problem to put some photos of them.
    I expect they are at my home next week.

Yes some times you had to take chances, but not with this Norge tag.

Sorry but this EM is a 100% copy,
    here the original Norge EM
    Attached Images Attached Images Norge Tag(Again) Original ?  Norge Tag(Again) Original ? 

next
    Attached Images Attached Images Norge Tag(Again) Original ? 

?

Yup, that's the known type I was talking about that Paul posted in the previous thread about a supposed Norge disc. Very clearly different.