Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Officer ID tag.

Article about: Hej Iam new on this site. I just got a large lot of orders and ID tag from the family of a WH officer. Now I need to know what unit he was in under the war. I hope you can help me. This is h

?

Default Officer ID tag.

Hej Iam new on this site.
    I just got a large lot of orders and ID tag from the family of a WH officer. Now I need to know what unit he was in under the war.
    I hope you can help me.
    This is how it looks. 114
    10./G.F.Ausb.R.618

Best regards Morten
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer ID tag.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer ID tag.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Officer ID tag.

Hi Morten,

Welcome to the forum

The marking on your disc means 10. Kompanie, Grenadier-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 618 (10th company, infantry [field training] regiment 618)- here's the unit information (if you have no German you can use Google Translator):

Infanterie-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 618

1. Aufstellung:

* 7.9.1942 für die Heeresgruppe B in Lgoff/Südrußland aus Reichsarbeitsdienst; Stämme aus dem
    WK III: Stab und I. aus Berlin-Spandau (Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 203), II. aus Brandenburg
    (Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 68) und III. aus Landsberg/Warthe (Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 457);
    Grenadier-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 618 seit 15.10.1942; Regiment im Bahnschutz eingesetzt und
    25.2.1943 auf die 2. Armee verteilt.

2. Gliederung:

I. 1-4, II. 5-8, III. 9-12

3. Unterstellung:

382. Infanterie-(Feldausbildungs-)Division; seit 1.1.1943 Bahnschutz, teilweise in Kiew

4. Ersatz:

203 Berlin-Spandau, WK III

And here's the Division information:

382. (Feldausbildungs-) Division

1. Aufstellung:

* 9.9.1942 als Feldausbildungs-Division für die Heeresgruppe B in Südrußland. Nur Stab aus
    Wehrkreis IX; Stänzme aus den Wehrkreisen XVII, III und IV für die Regimenter 617, 618 und 620
    und Wehrkreis IX, XVII und XIII für 619; Auffüllung im Felde durch Reichsarbeitsdienst des
    Jahrganges 1924.

2. Gliederung:

Infanterie-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 617 I.-III. aus Wehrkreis XVII (Wien)
    Infanterie-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 618 I.-III. aus Wehrkreis III (Berlin)
    Infanterie-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 619 I.-III.: Stab aus Wehrkreis XVIII, Bataillone aus
    Wehrkreis IX (Kassel), XVII (Wien) und XIII (Nürnberg) Infanterie-(Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 620
    I.-III. aus Wehrkreis IV (Dresden) (Keine Artillerie und Divisionstruppen.). Das Grenadier-
    (Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 620 wurde am 24.1.1943 Heerestruppe, der Armee-Abteilung Fretter-
    Pico unterstellt und bei Woroschilowgrad eingesetzt; Reste bildeten am 19.2.1943 das
    Feldausbildungs-Bataillon 304 der 304. Infanterie-Division, der Stab den Sicherungs-Regimentsstab
    620. Die Division mit den Regimentern 617 und 619 kam im Abschnitt der 8. ital. Armee bei Staro-
    bielsk zum Einsatz; die Regimenter wurden auf die 320. Infanterie-Division verteilt. Das Grenadier-
    (Feldausbildungs-)Regiment 618 war im Bahnschutz eingesetzt und wurde am 25.2.1943 auf die 2.
    Armee verteilt. Der nach Charkow und am 24.2.1943 nach Kiew verlegte Divisionsstab wurde mit
    Befehl vom 25.2.1943 aufgelöst. Die Reste der Division (ohne Regiment 620) sollten zur Wieder-
    aufstellung des Grenadier-Regiments 318 der 213. Sicherungs-Division dienen.

3. Unterstellung:

1942 Oktober/Dezember z.Vfg. OKH bei Heeresgruppe "B" Sumy
    1943 Januar/Februar z.Vfg. OKII bei Heeresgruppe "B" Sumy Regiment 620:
    Februar XXX 1. Panzerarmee Don Osten Woroschilowgrad
    März XXX 4. Panzerarmee Süd Osten Woroschilowgrad

It's an interesting disc for several reasons: firstly, it's an uncommon form, being slightly more flat an oval and having the Halsschnur (neck cord) holes quite far apart; secondly, if it did indeed belong to an officer, it is another example of the fact that officers didn't get the low numbers but could be anywhere on the unit's list; and thirdly, this is a pretty uncommon unit type- there were only 13 of them.

Matt
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hej Matt.
    Thanks for super fast reply to my problem with this ID tag. I diden't know it was a rare item. I try to post a picture of all the order etc from this Officer.
    Regards Morten

?

No problem, I'm happy to help. It'll be interesting to see the other items you have- personal lots are always fascinating given how rarely we know anything about the original owner of an Erkennungsmarke...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hej Matt.
    The rest of the lot can been seen under "steel helmets" German helmets startet by Morten....
    The problem here is that there still is a big tabu about the war in Germany so I dosent get any more information...I have asked but they have no interests in giving more information...sadly.
    I have other ID tags I have found on German fleemarkets over the years. 3 of them are SS but I don't know if they are ok..I make a new thread with them one day (",)
    Best regards Morten