Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this one fake or not..

Article about: by kozowy1967 Thanks Eric I dont have a clue how to read these tags was wondering what you ment by replacement. Regards Mark k Mark I can help with your question PZ ERS ABT is an abbreviatio

Default Re: Is this one fake or not..

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Eric I dont have a clue how to read these tags was wondering what you ment by replacement.

Regards Mark k
    Mark

I can help with your question

PZ ERS ABT is an abbreviation for Panzer Ersatz Abteilung.

A unit for replacement troops who would then be allocated to a front line unit.

Regards

Richie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this one fake or not..
    P
    Many

?

Yes Richie, that's good info. Ers is short for Ersatz (replacement)

The photos are very bright though aren't they? Woke me up when I looked at them!

I too have heard one or two bad things about gunbroker but I guess that there are good 'n bad on most of the sites.

Regards

Carl

Looks ok to me, less contrasty photos would help as well.

?

Thanks Richie do we by chance have a subforum on ID Discs and Disk identification and if not someone should maybe think of starting one .Hey Carl I no what you mean I had to run for my welding helmet to try and read the disks lol a little on the overexposed side or he was using a million candle power flash.

Regards Mark K

?

Glenn's right- it's probably fine. It's very corroded and while Panzer units are not so common, it's not really valuable or rare enough to fake. I have one from the Stammkompanie of Panzer-Ersatz-Abteilung 7 and the format matches- there's no slash after the Kompanie number, the abbreviations are all the same, dots after each and all in serif capital letters that are of a similar style.

And Mark you're in the ID disc subforum - all we do here is identification and evaluation. Or was this thread originally elsewhere and someone moved it? Or do you mean you wish there were a place with info on how to read discs? Because for that you have to just read old threads- virtually every one for a while now has had all the necessary details given; looking at the galleries on sites like emarken.de where the expanded text is listed for each disc shown helps too.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Matt I did not even look at the heading at the top of the post it was started here I am shur just was not paying attention My BAD as my daughter says so I guess I am in the right place then already talk about not reading between the lines .Thanks for the tip on disk ID .

Regards Mark K

?

Ah- I was a bit confused LOL Well if discs interest you, you're in the right place

?

Thanks sorry feel like a bit of a horses ass And yes I am interested in disks as I believe they can tell an incredible story not only of the soldier but of the unit he ws attached to as well I will be looking for a particular disk soon from the 2 divishion I will supply more details as soon as my M-36 arrives in the post this week.

Regards Mark K

?

Thanks Richie do we by chance have a subforum on ID Discs and Disk identification and if not someone should maybe think of starting one .Hey Carl I no what you mean I had to run for my welding helmet to try and read the disks lol a little on the overexposed side or he was using a million candle power flash.

Regards Mark K
    Haha, yes Mark...I like it!

?

Thanks sorry feel like a bit of a horses ass And yes I am interested in disks as I believe they can tell an incredible story not only of the soldier but of the unit he ws attached to as well I will be looking for a particular disk soon from the 2 divishion I will supply more details as soon as my M-36 arrives in the post this week.

Regards Mark K
    Indeed they can- that's what drew me to them; that and they're a whole lot less expensive than Soldbücher, which are the other very personal item one can focus on LOL

Finding a disc from a particular unit is certainly doable- I've been extremely fortunate in my own such quests to get discs from units relatives served in; I even got one with a serial number only 10 or 12 away from my Grandmother's cousin's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast