MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinion on SS Wiking erkennungsmarke

Article about: Hi I´m considering buying this ID disc. It looks totally good to me but I just want some more opinions. Please comment! Cheers Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Opinion on SS Wiking erkennungsmarke

Thank You everyone for your valuable and interesting input!

Cheers Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on SS Wiking erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

?

That's rather high- as I've said many, many times now I know people who dig up hundreds of discs a year and never find remains. The discs from the east are tougher to police and of course that's where several years of losses were, but in western Europe they're relatively common dig finds and few people would just take one from a grave and not report it.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Jan
    ?

Hi there guys.. I´ve decided to buy this item at the moment and with the information from you it seems like a very good opportunity to get an original Wiking disc for my collection.

This choice is a personal one please respect it as I have given it alot of thought.

Cheers Jan

It may well have not come from the same batch mentioned above, Jan. I don't know if there is a listing of the units and numbers from the grave group, but this tag, in any case, seems to be a pretty straight original. Did the seller offer more than One? If not, it may possibly have just been a legitimate lone tag. I do like it and think you have a nice piece for your collection, Jan. I would be quite happy to have it myself. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Jan
    ?

Yep Dimas knows his business so I´ll go with his opinion here.

As a professional Archaeologist working with remains of different eras and time spans I ´m starting to feel someth of a ... You know..

Metal objects found underground wont last very long without good and professional care. My childhood battlefield finds from -41 will and are breaking apart alr. In 200 years time almost every battlefield found item in 2010 will be lost forever or discarded by relatives of hoiurs

Think about this!

Cheers Jan

Jan

?

Normally German Volksbund did not take the tags, if someone found the body- they first ask to give the remains for reburrial, if the founder will keep the tag- noone will ask for that. The families did not get back items from a soldier, Volksbund do not supply with that.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Jan
    ?

Quote by Kinnarodden View Post
    Lonesome seeker has found a disc of 1.Kompanie SS.F.A.Btl. Wiking.. I have already seen discs of 5.Kompanie with your stamp..Some alleged experts in germany say they are O.K. and that there were two stamp-versions in SS F.A.Btl.Wiking..I can not say that they are not O.K.I can only tell you that my version is authentic and it`s the classic stamp for the first Kompanie..and that these alleged experts deal with discs..Attachment 256093
    Thanks for your input Kinnarodden. very nice disk, like it a lot!

Cheers Jan

Jan
    ?

Dimas are u referring to the river Buh?

Cheers Jan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2