Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original SS dog tags?

Article about: Dear Members! I have found these 2 dog tags on ebay, but I don't know, are they original or fakes? The "SS" runes are a bit strange for me...but I'm not sure...what's Your opinion?

?

Default Original SS dog tags?

Dear Members!

I have found these 2 dog tags on ebay, but I don't know, are they original or fakes? The "SS" runes are a bit strange for me...but I'm not sure...what's Your opinion?

Thank You!

Regards
    Gabe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original SS dog tags?   Original SS dog tags?  

Original SS dog tags?   Original SS dog tags?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original SS dog tags?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Gabe,

Well they're not obvious, known fakes- I don't immediately recognize the font or style as being bad. In fact, the VERY heavy stamping is not something I've seen before, and it's often the unusual stuff that's good to see because fakers aren't usually so creative LOL The "SS" isn't unusual really- it's just the regular S from the stamp set; not all units had the Sigrune stamp, so had to use the regular Latin letter. Really the only way to know for sure if they're real is if anyone has a definitely authentic example from this same unit. Or has images of a fake with the exact same font.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thank You Matt! If I remember well, I have seen a dog tag from the same unit on the internet, but unfortunately I don't remember where...now I'm very curious, so I try to find that dog tag

Regards
    Gabe