Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

out of my depth...ID disc collection

Article about: Brilliant- well the 'shy' one is Fliegerhorst-Kompanie Wien Aspern, so a probably management company for an airfield in Wien, Aspern (probably not the main airfield in Vienna, but a smaller

?

Default Re: out of my depth...ID disc collection

Okay, 'translations'- from the top left going across:

2./ Kr. Ers. Abt. 23 - 2. Schwadron Kraftfahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 23 (2nd squadron, motor transport replacement detachment 23)
    San. Kp. 229 - Sanitäts-Kompanie 229 (medic company 229)
    Pz. Sp. Werskst. Zg. Pz. Inst. Abt. 559 - Panzer-Spähwagen-Werkstatt-Zug Panzer-Instandsetzungs-Abteilung 559 (armoured car maintenance platoon, armoured vehicle repair detachment 559)
    3./ Krad. Schütz. Ers. Btl. 1 - 3. Kompanie Kradschützen-Ersatz-Bataillon 1 (3rd company, motorcycle troops replacement battalion 1)
    3./ Ld. Sch. Btl. IX/VIII - 3. Kompanie Landesschützen-Bataillon IX/ Wehrkreis VIII (3rd company, local defense battalion IX/ defense region VIII)
    15./ V (Ers.) Abt. Ln.-Rgt. 2 - 15. Kompanie V (Ersatz) Abteilung Luftnachrichten-Regiment 2 (15th company, Vth (replacement) detachment, air-signals regiment 2)
    SS-San. Ers. Komp. - SS-Sanitäts-Ersatz-Kompanie (SS-medic replacement company)
    Stamm. Ers. Abt. A.R. 6 - Stammbatterie Ersatz-Abteilung Artillerie-Regiment 6 (permanent battery, replacement detachment, artillery regiment 6)
    1. Pi. 50 - 1. Kompanie Pionier-Bataillon 50 (1st company, combat engineer battalion 50)

All the separate numbers are the soldiers' individual roll numbers, and letters are blood group letters. You can find all the available individual units on the Lexikon der Wehrmacht site in the 'Gliederung' (units) section: Lexikon der Wehrmacht; some won't be there, like the Kompanie-level ones and the Panzer repair one may not be there, but the majority should be.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement out of my depth...ID disc collection
    P
    Many

Hi Matt

your insight and experienced opinion is much appreciated. Now I have a better idea of what I'm looking at in terms of originality I will look at the others more closely.

Thanks for helping with translations.

Ade the field made one is a bonus indeed !

will post more later when I've had a go at translating them and been able to tear myself away from looking at cloth to looking at aluminium!!

cheers

tony

Matt is the MAN! Some nice discs also!!

?

Sure thing Tony- and yeah, that field-made disc is the most interesting one I've ever seen. Usually they're crude and not terribly interesting, primarily, to my mind, because they're near impossible to authenticate- anyone could make a crappy disc and claim it's 'field-made'; but yours is hard to doubt

The Kradschützen one is particularly nice too- very 'modern' font, reminiscent of ones you might see on stuff from the 60s, not the 40s (although there's still no doubt it's real), and the motorcycle troops' units in general aren't very common.

Hi

Here are the others.

out of my depth...ID disc collectionout of my depth...ID disc collection

cheers

tony

?

Wow are you ever lucky to have just gotten a lot with their original (perhaps) neck cords- they're not all that common.

So what you have, from the upper left going right are:

Stammkompanie Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung 20 - permanent company, signals replacement detachment 20
    4. MG (Kompanie) Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 327 - 4th (MG) company, infantry replacement battalion 327
    1. (Kompanie) Ersatz-Bataillon Großdeutschland (this one warrants a close-up photo of its own for authentication as these are faked quite a bit) - 1st company, replacement battalion GD
    Bau-Ersatz-Bataillon 13 - construction replacement battalion 13
    ? This one's turned around in every photo- is it shy? LOL
    Stab II. (Bataillon) Grenadier-Regiment 278 - staff (command), II. battalion grenadier regiment 278
    1. (Kompanie) Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung 33 - 1st company, signals replacement detachment 33
    Stammkompanie II Grenadier-Ersatz-Regiment (motorisiert) Großdeutschland (this one's fine- no doubt it's real) - permanent company II, grenadier replacement regiment (motorized) GD
    Sanitäts-Ersatz-Abteilung 4 - medic replacement detachment 4

second image:

Genesenden Kompanie Pionier-Ersatz-Bataillon 8 - convalescent company, combat engineer replacement battalion 8
    repeated
    repeated
    3. (Kompanie) Pionier-Bataillon 161 - interestingly, that's a WWI-style cord with I think what are the unit's home state colours (not sure which one black and white was) - 3rd company, combat engineer battalion 161
    repeated
    repeated
    3. (Kompanie) Landesschützen-Bataillon IX (Wehrkreis) VIII - 3rd company, local defense batallion IX, defense region VIII

They're all quite nice- only that first GD is uncertain with respect to authenticity- and that's just until there's a better picture (hopefully!)

Matt

you are the man ! many thanks.

I will turn the other one the right way up Doh !

Also one ss and one GD in a batch made me kinda sus but hey we live in hope !

I will get better pics in day light for a clearer ID.

once again thanks

tony

I think the field made piece is an exceptional find. Its interesting in its own right and so rare to see something like this that is certain to be authentic.

?

Sure thing Tony, I'm happy to help. You do at least have one real GD, that's a bonus!

Hi

Here are better pics of those in question.

first up the "shy" one from my last post.

Next the sus GD tag

finally the maybe SS tag.........

your hopefully

tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast