Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

PANZER Erkennungsmarken.

Article about: Hello, here is the ID disc from the Panzer officers grouping I recently came across. From what little research I have currently undertaken I believe he was in a Pioneer Battalion and wounded

Default PANZERJAGER Erkennungsmarken.

Hello, here is the ID disc from the Panzer officers grouping I recently came across. From what little research I have currently undertaken I believe he was in a Pioneer Battalion and wounded at Stalingrad in September 1942, but if the disc sheds any "new light" I would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance , Leon.PANZER Erkennungsmarken.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PANZER Erkennungsmarken.   PANZER Erkennungsmarken.  

Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 10-14-2014 at 06:27 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PANZER Erkennungsmarken.
    P
    Many

Panzerabwehr-Abteilung 1

Aufgestellt am 1. Oktober 1934 als "Kraftfahr-Abteilung Goldap", am 15. Oktober 1935 Umbenennung in Panzetabwehr-Abteilung 1. Unterstellt unter die 1. Infanterie-Division. Bei der Mobilmachung wurde am 17. August 1939 die 1./MGK 31 als 4. Kompanie übernommen. Nach dem Polenfeldzug am 1. April 1940 Umbenennung in
    Panzerjäger-Abteilung 1. Am 10. September 1943 erfolgte die Umgliederung zur schweren Panzerjäger-Kompanie unter Einbeziehung der Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 1001 und der Fla.Kp. (Sf) 664.

Ersatztruppenteil war die Panzerabwehr-Ersatz-Abteilung 1.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, that's great information, looks like my "chap" was the squadron commander of an anti-tank unit then! Cheers, Leon.

I know this is about another item in your display case, but I have to say I love that eastern front medal. Looks like a really nice one. One like that's on my list, and I suspect it'll turn up soon. Very nice stuff there.