MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Phoney GESTAPO ID Disk on eBay

Article about: This one isn't even close..... Annoyed from this ads?   WWII RARE ORIGINAL GERMAN GEHEIME STAATSPOLIZEI DISK - eBay (item 280432981735 end time Dec-10-09 06:00:40 PST)

?

Default Re: Phoney GESTAPO ID Disk on eBay

if you don't know, don't go... stay away - there are some nice fakes out there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Phoney GESTAPO ID Disk on eBay
    P
    Many

This item didn't even exist seems it's a pure fantasy piece :-(

Guys ,
    the seller receive this disc by the uncle ( dead ) she think is real a very rare , after i contact the seller and i tell this is a fake , ( isend the link of Don bible) she reply to me :

I went to the site and it does show and speak of the fakes. thank you for that site info. The disc I have is from an uncle that was there and now passed on this was among his things left to me. I had no idea that it could be a fake. So now I need to correct my listing. thank you I am new on ebay as you can see and I don't want to start out wrong. thanks

Pierre

It may have been real once.
    Maybe some clever person switched it while he was still around.It has been done before especially when sombody offers to clean it up for them and comes back like new

Tom

?

Quote by Tom Bennett View Post
    It may have been real once.
    Maybe some clever person switched it while he was still around.It has been done before especially when sombody offers to clean it up for them and comes back like new

Tom
    Very true Tom this is a bit more of a problem than many realise , a number of Ritterkreuztrager in Germany have been done over like this before
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hello Citizen,
    Yes, we've nearly all been caught out with fakes. I've quite a load of them, bought before discovering this and other forums, and have had to update my collection files so that they are correctly classified as fake/repro. I'm slowly learning to spot them but it's a long process, and would be very difficult without the examples shown by other forum members. Here's one of them, I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me where it was made, (It's handy for the cataloguing information). I don't want anyone else to be fooled when I'm 'Pushing up the daisies'!
    Cheers,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Phoney GESTAPO ID Disk on eBay   Phoney GESTAPO ID Disk on eBay  

?

the skull is poor, bones different sizes,, BERLIN is sloppy, the 6 on the back is smaller than the other #numbers

Many thanks,
    Something else learned. I'd like to create a file of fakes for reference, perhaps one is already out there?
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Hi Navyman yours at least looks as if it's been aged but hey at least we've allowed others to see whats out there thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2