Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

please help- dug ss dog tag?

Article about: Does this look real? I don't know why someone would copy a "dug"looking dog tag

Default please help- dug ss dog tag?

Does this look real? I don't know why someone would copy a "dug"looking dog tag please help- dug ss dog tag?please help- dug ss dog tag?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement please help- dug ss dog tag?
    P
    Many

?

It looks real, the corrosion level might be a problem. I looked it over myself online it is a bargain unless the facing and stamping all falls of in shipping. It is already doing that below the SS runes. good luck!

thanks

is this dug from a grave? since its the half that goes around the neck and it has a lot of corrosion?

?

Any answer to that would be speculation by anyone except the original digger. Anything buried in the ground or just laying in the elements for 70 plus years would corrode.

very true!

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    is this dug from a grave? since its the half that goes around the neck and it has a lot of corrosion?
    l wouldn't believe that myself as there is no wear around the cord holes.
    JMHO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Call me ignorant, what does that mean if it has wear marks around the cord holes?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Call me ignorant, what does that mean if it has wear marks around the cord holes?
    To me this would represent that it is not a worn tag.
    Here is what I would expect to see if it were actually worn.
    Ralph.

Here is one with the cord still attached.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ok, I have a few like that shows wear like that. I was wondering the same thing from the panzer ones I have. I thought you were saying it wasn't real since it didn't have wear marks. Nice tags and thanks for sharing. Have you seen dog tags that were in the same division as your dad?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast