Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Please help me Identify these if you can

Article about: I have 3 more disks I would like help with if you guys do not mind. The First 2 are HIWI's I think and I think the third is Luftwaffe with a fieldpost number but I am not sure. Any help is a

?

Default Please help me Identify these if you can

I have 3 more disks I would like help with if you guys do not mind. The First 2 are HIWI's I think and I think the third is Luftwaffe with a fieldpost number but I am not sure. Any help is appreciated.The first one reads "EINHEIT 31031" over "HW. 29." I think HW is for HIWI. The Second one reads "SASLAW. 12159" with the A's being upside down V's. The last one reads "I" over "20460"

Please help me Identify these if you canPlease help me Identify these if you canPlease help me Identify these if you can

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help me Identify these if you can
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Please help me Identify these if you can

Small, obscure and non-MOB coded units are generally not identifiable, unfortunately; major lists of military units are Bataillone and up and the usual Pionier, Flak, Infanterie, etc. and during the war, because of the danger of terror bombing attacks, EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG was issued an identity disc it seems. Factory workers, children, and every sort of paramilitary unit that did this or that. Einheit just means 'unit' so those can be anything. Saslaw is actually a name so this could be a personalized disc. And 20460 isn't a LW unit code, so it could be a Feldpost Nr. or some other code- there are many unidentifable codes.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Matt,

Thanks for your feedback I appreciate your knowledge on these. I have several fake disks as well, would it help the forum to photograph and post them in the fake disk section?

?

Sure, seeing discs, real and fake, is the best way to learn how to evaluate them There are a few places to see real ones, but fakes aren't shown all that often- save when someone's asking about an SS disc LOL

Could "HW" on the first one mean Hilfswilliger, or HiWi, i.e. voluntary assistant?

?

Schachbrett, I am pretty sure that is the case but as Matt noted the Unit will be impossible to track down. The Feldpost number is to an Airdrome so I assume this was a foriegn "volunteer" working at an airfield.

?

It's not necessarily a Feldpost Nr. too- usually Hiwis would get discs marked to the real unit they worked for, and I don't know of anyone having ever acutally found out why some discs appear to have Feldpost Nr. on them instead of unit text- for all I know, it's just a theory explaining what the number is and not a decent probability based on any fact.