Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Polizei Bataillon 104 erkennungsmarke -

Article about: What do you all think of this variation --- seems there's a few with relatively close numbers out there and they appear, judging by the corrosion, to be from the same site. Thoughts?

Much of the Police brand has a certain blank. THe separating slits of these brands are particularly large.

Look.

EKM Gendarmerie Augsburg, opinions

Pol Vw + Gend.Tags

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Bataillon 104 erkennungsmarke  -
    P
    Many

Thanks! I see what you mean and totally understand that it's a valid point in general, and of course appreciate you making it, but using the Adlershorst Gendarmerie tags as an easy and quick point to the more unusual contrary I can say that I have observed that type both with the wider and the more narrow slits... I'm sure these tags can't be the only type that utilizes both types so why not here.

That said, I still view the font as "unusual"and appreciate the fact that it's a more unusual type blank for a police tag but I still like the general look with regards to wear and age. The Dutch seller bought four from the digger so unfortunately no further info from there as of yet --- keeping all options open still.

It is also only a review of the brands. You can be good or not.
    I do not like her.

Best wishes

And it's an opinion I respect and appreciate --- thank you again. Will post photos when I have it in hand, so far I count 5 examples that I know of and they all came out of the Netherlands.

?

Have just seen this thread and can only concur re the Race track O etc , it appears that someone has done a whole set of these tags !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for the input, Paul! So, is the consensus here that it's the letter O in particular that is so damning? It's just that I was certain I had seen narrow O's /the number 0 on other tags deemed genuine before --- except for the font I guess they did a pretty good job faking these then, couldn't see any halo action to the reverse either.

?

The general characteristics of the disk look Ok to me. The "Pol. Btl. 104" looks like a single stamp the roll number and company are different stamps. I see no obvious red flags.

Thanks for the input,Eike! I must admit I'm still torn --- here's another one just listed on espenlaub militaria, this one numbered 274

Polizei Bataillon 104 erkennungsmarke  -Polizei Bataillon 104 erkennungsmarke  -

?

Maybe you just notice these EKM being offered, because you are looking out for them? Just my idea And did you order one of them?

I actually just happened upon this one while doing my regular Friday night update browse, espenlaub is a dealer I've gotten some good stuff from in the past --- great to deal with! But, granted --- the others posted earlier were found due to my googling the specific type of tag discussed And, yes - I did receive the tag a while back and I freely admit I'm still torn... both due to the valued input here and my own thoughts and observations.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast