Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Polizei Bataillon 104 erkennungsmarke -

Article about: What do you all think of this variation --- seems there's a few with relatively close numbers out there and they appear, judging by the corrosion, to be from the same site. Thoughts?

Frisian65
    ?

Hello, I'm new here. I have a few of the ID Tags and any expert is welcome to investigate them. I know they were found in an hort finding in easten Germany. And if you look at the history of btl 104 its oke, coz at the end of the war they quickly left Holland.

2. # ADS

Hi Frisian65, Welcome to the forum and thank you for your input! Would you mind sharing images of your examples? Also, although I have founds bits and pieces on Pol Bat 104 it would be interesting to see if anyone could contribute a more comprehensive history, if not simply a more comprehensive overview of their movements throughout the war...

This is my tag, serial number 173.
    Hello to all.
    Giovanni

Polizei Bataillon 104 erkennungsmarke  -Polizei Bataillon 104 erkennungsmarke  -

Thanks for adding yours, Giovanni --- I think that makes it six I have seen so far, all in the 100-300 range. Mind disclosing where you got yours?

Bought on Ebay from a seller of Belgium, all I know. Hello
    Giovanni

A very interesting half Polizei Bataillon tag unovered a few days ago in southern Norway, this one seems to confirm the period usage of this sans serif font with the elongated/racetrack O, at least on select Pol. unit discs... hope to have a better shot when cleaned.

Polizei Bataillon 104 erkennungsmarke  -

A bump to see if people have thoughts on the use of this font in light of the tag above --- photos isn't the best but there's no mistaking the sans serif and elongated lettering. The above tag is for the 44th Polizei Bataillon.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    A very interesting half Polizei Bataillon tag unovered a few days ago in southern Norway, this one seems to confirm the period usage of this sans serif font with the elongated/racetrack O, at least on select Pol. unit discs... hope to have a better shot when cleaned.

Nothing wrong with the font or this tag. 104 btl one of two Politzei btl raised in Hamburg in 1939.

?

Quote by slados28 View Post

Interesting this certainly shows that the "O " was in use !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thank you both for chiming in!

Paul; I agree, it's a very interesting piece in light of this type of lettering indeed. It was dug up in southern Norway at a former military camp recently, along with lots of helmets and other material.

Blackcat; starting to feel more so too!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast