Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

polizei SS

Article about: Hello, saw this tag for sale. Opinions on it would be very appreciated Have noticed that the "SS" on the top aren't placed perfectly besides each other, not sure if that makes out

?

Default polizei SS

Hello, saw this tag for sale. Opinions on it would be very appreciated
    Have noticed that the "SS" on the top aren't placed perfectly besides each other, not sure if that makes out a problem or not though
    polizei SS
    polizei SS
    Friendly cheers from Denmark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement polizei SS
    P
    Many

?

It would be nice to see a strait on shot of the type face, but even without it I think this disk is bad. A company level unit usually did not keep its own unit roll. This disk says it is the 4th Company but it does not say what the parent unit is. The "Polizei-Veterinär-Abteilung" was removed from the police division when the police division became an SS division.

Cheers.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    It would be nice to see a strait on shot of the type face, but even without it I think this disk is bad. A company level unit usually did not keep its own unit roll. This disk says it is the 4th Company but it does not say what the parent unit is. The "Polizei-Veterinär-Abteilung" was removed from the police division when the police division became an SS division.

Cheers.
    Eike,
    When 4th SS Politzei Division was rebuilt as 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division in 1943 there was such a unit in their gliederung. A flat on photo would be better but I think this one is OK.

?

Blackcat,

The unit in the police division was the 300th veterinary company not the 4th.

Is this an ALU tag?

?

Thanks everybody. These are all the photos that i have at the moment, can try to ask for more.

Yes, it's make of alu

Blackcat,

Most sources I can find online also refer to a "SS-Polizei-Veterinär-Kompanie 4" under 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division. Going by the only source I could find that provided at least some history of this unit's progression I came up with this via a feldpost# search:

-1.9.1939-1.1.1940 Veterinär-Kompanie 300 Polizei-Division
    -28.4.1940-14.9.1940 Veterinär-Kompanie 300
    -1.2.1941-11.7.1941 Veterinär-Kompanie SS-Polizei-Division
    -12.7.1941-26.1.1942 Veterinär-Kompanie 300 SS-Polizei-Division
    -25.1.1943-31.7.1943 Veterinär-Kompanie SS-Polizei-Division
    -17.10.1944 nicht verwendet
    -14.2.1945 Veterinär-Kompanie 300

I have no real idea why or if this info is accurate, none of these designations have the "4" added either, but it seems there's several periods where it's designated without the "300" at least --- the longest being from Jan. 1943 to Feb. 14th, 1945. Maybe this tells us something, maybe not.

For what it's worth, I like the overall look of it --- incl. the font.

?

Slados,

The SS-police division was reorganized in July 1944 and all non motorized portions of the division were disbanded.
    The 4th SS Police-Panzergrenadier Division was formed near Krakow and is a separate unit that formed in June 1943. This formation had the 8th Veterinary company until August 1944 when it drops from the TO&E, also disbanded.
    Honestly I like the "look" of the disk as well, but that unit is not part of the Police division. Is it possible that there was a veterinary company in the police regiments? There is also a 4th SS-Police Regiment.

Somehow I do not like this brand .
    Let them be as a precaution .

Smile

Blackcat,

Eike,
    I think you are getting the 300th Veterinär-Kompanie that existed in the 1939 Heer Politzei unit confused.

But in 1944 the gliederung of the 4th SS was:

SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 7
    SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 8
    SS-Artillerie Regiment 4
    SS-Sturmgeschütz Abteilung 4
    SS-Panzer-Abteilung 4
    SS-Panzerjäger-Abteilung 4
    SS-Flak-Abteilung 4
    SS-Nachrichten-Abteilung 4
    SS-Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 4
    SS-Pionier-Batallion 4
    SS-Dina 4