Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

possible luftwaffe pilot ?

Article about: I have researched this and the abbreviation look like it's for luftwaffe. I would like to get some verification, or is it just infantry? I apologize for the pictures..my cell phone puts them

Default possible luftwaffe pilot ?

I have researched this and the abbreviation look like it's for luftwaffe. I would like to get some verification, or is it just infantry? I apologize for the pictures..my cell phone puts them backwards Attachment 1043555Attachment 1043556

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement possible luftwaffe pilot ?
    P
    Many

Not a great photo, but from what I see it appears to be Infanterie Geschutz Ers kompanie 491.

That's what I thought. Thank you.

Nice original tag, but not LW.

It looks like it's ground dug, I don't know where it came from Nice green patina on it though. I hope it's not from a body

I know members of this unit did end their service in Stalingrad, it is the top part, usually left with the fallen soldier. But this could be from a capitulation location or just thrown away. It is not possible to say what happened to the owner unless you are a member of his family.

how did you know about stalingrad? O looked everywhere on the interent trying to find information about this unit and I couldnt find anything. You are correct, history is lost to it but atleast I Know it most likely came from stalingrad

Infanterie Geschutz Ers Kompanie 491 were In the town of Schröttersburg now called Płock, located in Poland, about 100 km north-east of Warsaw on the Vistula River. In 1939, the city was renamed Plock part of the German Reich and in 1941 after the former chief-president of East Prussia and West Prussia, Friedrich Leopold Reichsfreiherr von Schrotter in Schröttersburg renamed. It was the seat of the district of Schröttersburg.

I know that a tag belonging to a guy in the same unit was found in Stalingrad. Maybe yours did come from that slaughterground, of course unless you dug it yourself you will never know.