Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

POW ID Tag's

Article about: Hello @all, I'm from southern germany and one of my favorite hobbys is metal detecting. I'm very happy that I found this very informative internet community. During last year november and th

Default POW ID Tag's

Hello @all,

I'm from southern germany and one of my favorite hobbys is metal detecting. I'm very happy that I found this very informative internet community. During last year november and this year january and february I found a lot of POW Tag's near my home town. I think the Tag's where thrown away by the POW's after the liberation by the advancing us-forces.

I have POW Tag's from STALAG V A, VII A, XIII A, XIII B, XX B and OFLAG XIII D and some other camps. Also a lot of german soldier ID Tag's.

Now my question:
    Does anyone know if there are lists available with the name and POW-Number of the prisoners? I can remember some month ago a guy from UK told me he own's a list from the red cross with arround 100.000 data sets from prisoners in germany during world war 2 classified by first and last name.

Thanks for you help!

T4
    Last edited by Tiger IV; 02-27-2013 at 10:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement POW ID Tag's
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: POW ID Tag's

Hello Tiger IV,

welcome to this forum :-) I am also curious if there is a list with names, it could help me to identify few POW tags I dug here in CZ. Man, how is it with detecting in your country? Some of my friends told me it is completely illegal, some say you can dig at "moving grounds" - i.e. fields and meadows... Where is the truth? I sometimes though about detecting in Germany but I cannot do it without exact info....

Thanks,
    Jan

@Jan S

Thank you for the welcome. I will write you a private message this evening. I'm a little bit busy at the moment.

@all

I added two pictures of my brand new refubised POW ID Tag's to this thread. Hope I did a good work.

Greetings

Tiger IV
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture POW ID Tag's   POW ID Tag's  

I don't find a list with names and numbers.
    Camps de Prisonniers de Guerre (doc 5รจ Bureau) - Page 3
    On this site, I found my father in XIII B.
    Good Luck
    Michel

- - Updated - -

http://blog.geneanet.org/index.php/post/2010/11/La-liste-des-prisonniers-de-guerre-39-45-accessible-gratuitement.html