Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question: Pioneer " 1. Pi. 16 " Erkennungsmarken

Article about: Hi, a new Erkennungsmarken gift sent by friend/partner in Volgograd. I like it. A nice gift. Question: Is is possible to find out where this pioneer battalion? fought during it's history. Do

Default Question: Pioneer " 1. Pi. 16 " Erkennungsmarken

Hi, a new Erkennungsmarken gift sent by friend/partner in Volgograd. I like it. A nice gift.

Question: Is is possible to find out where this pioneer battalion? fought during it's history. Does anyone have some more info on tghis?

Happy holidays!! Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: Pioneer " 1. Pi. 16 " Erkennungsmarken   Question: Pioneer " 1. Pi. 16 " Erkennungsmarken  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question: Pioneer " 1. Pi. 16 " Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Question: Pioneer " 1. Pi. 16 " Erkennungsmarken

This unit was originally formed as part of 16 Infanterie Div but in 1940 it became Pz Pi Btl 16 part of the 16 Panzer Divison which susequently fought and was destroyed at Stalingrad.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    This unit was originally formed as part of 16 Infanterie Div but in 1940 it became Pz Pi Btl 16 part of the 16 Panzer Divison which susequently fought and was destroyed at Stalingrad.
    Thanks Paul, this is interesting information to have. If it was a Panzer Div why no PZ on the tag....not tags all had this marked?

Regards, Steve

?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Thanks Paul, this is interesting information to have. If it was a Panzer Div why no PZ on the tag....not tags all had this marked?

Regards, Steve
    He was a member of the original Pi 16 , later when they became Pz Pi 16 he will have kept his original tag
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I would love to have the gas cap! LOL I sold off my WW2 DKW it had a simular cap, The oldest DKW I now own is a 1972...Should have never sold the last one....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: Pioneer " 1. Pi. 16 " Erkennungsmarken   Question: Pioneer " 1. Pi. 16 " Erkennungsmarken  

?

German soldiers carried the same identity disc regardless of where they ended up serving- even if in a vastly different unit type; only in odd cases, or where a disc is lost was a new one marked to the man's then-present unit (usually) issued. Panzer-Expert Otto Carius, for example, despite serving in sPzAbt 503 would have worn his original disc marked to Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon104. Or in the case of a Great Uncle of mine, his disc was marked Infanterie-Reiter Zug 44, despite the fac that he served as a medic in a regular Grenadier-Regiment, nowhere near a horse LOL

In the case of your disc Steve, the soldier who carried it was already serving at the start of the war, so his disc is marked to the actual field unit he was a member of- once the war started everyone began in an Ersatz unit, which would make discovery of any field units a man might have served in rather more difficult.

Quote by mayfiebl View Post
    I would love to have the gas cap! LOL I sold off my WW2 DKW it had a simular cap, The oldest DKW I now own is a 1972...Should have never sold the last one....
    Hello mayfiebl!! Very nice bike!!.....you sold this one pictured? oh well, at least you have the '72.
    I see you are in So. Cal. I am also from So. Cal originally, and have rode my whole live....52 years now, and also like old bikes. Only one now is a '87 FXRS H-D.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Matt L View Post
    German soldiers carried the same identity disc regardless of where they ended up serving- even if in a vastly different unit type; only in odd cases, or where a disc is lost was a new one marked to the man's then-present unit (usually) issued. Panzer-Expert Otto Carius, for example, despite serving in sPzAbt 503 would have worn his original disc marked to Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon104. Or in the case of a Great Uncle of mine, his disc was marked Infanterie-Reiter Zug 44, despite the fac that he served as a medic in a regular Grenadier-Regiment, nowhere near a horse LOL

In the case of your disc Steve, the soldier who carried it was already serving at the start of the war, so his disc is marked to the actual field unit he was a member of- once the war started everyone began in an Ersatz unit, which would make discovery of any field units a man might have served in rather more difficult.
    Hello Matt!, Very Good, Thanks for this info about my tag! Everyone has been very helpful with this tag.

Thanks, Regards, Steve

?

You bet Steve- this one's one of the more rare instances of being able to easily work out the original owner's combat history- since he obviously didn't transfer significantly.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

nice tag,,,i have only a few in my collection,,,a couple of kriegsmarine and a Red Cross one...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast