Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

R.u.S. Hauptamt SS tags --- real or fake?

Article about: Wondering about this kind of tag, R.u.S. Hauptamt SS (SS. Rasse und Siedlungs Hauptamt der SS) --- are there known original types around? Is the one depicted below good? Have seen some here

Default R.u.S. Hauptamt SS tags --- real or fake?

Wondering about this kind of tag, R.u.S. Hauptamt SS (SS. Rasse und Siedlungs Hauptamt der SS) --- are there known original types around? Is the one depicted below good?

Have seen some here and there but have found no real info online or discussed example of what seems to be a rare tag... seems to be zinc and the holes appear a bit bigger than usual, although I have read this not to be a problem in and of itself.

All input appreciated!

R.u.S. Hauptamt SS tags --- real or fake?R.u.S. Hauptamt SS tags --- real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement R.u.S. Hauptamt SS tags --- real or fake?
    P
    Many

R.u.S. Hauptamt SS tags --- real or fake?Looks OK to me, very similar to hoard found a while back, see photo.

Ahhh --- thanks! Didn't really see any problems either, just seemed like an usual tag. So, that means there's probably quite a few floating around from that hoard already... the one above was supposedly found during construction work in Berlin this year, where were the ones you posted found?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Ahhh --- thanks! Didn't really see any problems either, just seemed like an usual tag. So, that means there's probably quite a few floating around from that hoard already... the one above was supposedly found during construction work in Berlin this year, where were the ones you posted found?
    Apparently all found together in woodland in Germany a couple of years ago. Would make me think that they were perhaps stamped and not issued?

Thanks for the info.

Either that or thrown away upon or before capture? Seems the RuSHA had around 1500 members by 1942 (according to wiki), not sure what this tells us in relation to the 600-700 range on most of these tags... I'm thinking it might be more probable that they were issued and thrown away at the end of the war... it's a 50 - 50 thing I guess. Interesting all the same.

These brands are totally OK . There were many years ago a discovery of this "unity "
    I also have some brands of these troops , but also for further from the RuS HSS .

Cool, feel free to show yours --- I took receipt of mine today and I'll get a photo up soon. Despite this recent grouping find I guess we can still say these are somewhat rare --- or? Are most known examples in the 600-700 range?

Hi, I want to buy some R.u.S. Hauptamt SS tag. Has anybody to sell?
    Thanks...